Advice for Nigerians/West Africans coming or relocating to Cape Verde

Cape Verde is a developing Nation, located out sketch of West  Africa, still undergoing allot on infrastructures, housing, companies and many more. Its not a very safe Heaven. Its peaceful and amazing at the same time.
Cape Verde is a Portuguese speaking nation, English is very hard spoken here except from the tongue of a foreigners of other Nations or their own University student and graduates. Locals have no clew of English Language. Kriolu which is about 30-35 percent of Portuguese is the local language spoken in the street and market places, if you do not speak that local language, you may not be able to get any job in Cape Verde, except you have your own establishment.
Don't be deceived by what you read on the internet about Cape Verde, many countries are not what they portray on the Internet. you need to hear from someone living there.
Cape Verde is a developing country, there is no Natural resources, apart from Basic Banana and Fish, all the Petroleum, Gas, Foods, Drinks, Cloths, Cars and every other thing in usage are imported from over seas. Cape Verde is a poor country, but maintains peace, stability and European Standard of Living. Cape Verde is 7 hours flight away from Boston MA USA, Brazil, Spain and Portugal. The only good thing here is that by luck someone from other African nations may easily travel to Europe or North and South American, it is very close to those countries but yet is never easy.
If you are such a person that loves tall buildings, the sky scrappers, or those things you always see in a western world, Cape Verde does not posses that!
Cape Verde is the Most peaceful Country on the Planet.... with no religious crisis, CV is a Catholic majority nation, just recently having other foreign denominations.
The most beautiful aspect of Cape Verde is that its well organized, it is an European standard way of living, the government are not so much corrupt, and what they have is okay for them, there women are also encouraging.

Note" If you come with a huge capital for Investment then you will survive and enjoy.
I made a fatal mistakes at the beginning of my journey and I wouldn't want you to do the same. Although, my life is beautiful right now, its all about patience.
Be careful while you make your decision, and get enough information before you relocate here.
Visiting might be nice idea so that you can come and see things for your self. Also, you must be cleared are the Airport before you may be allowed Entrance, The immigration is very strict on Black Africans.

Thanks.

please how do i fly from lagos to CV.

And what is the best city for vacation

I'm not sure if you read well the Post And The Details... Don't rush in to Cape Verde, if not the Immigration will rush you back to where you are coming from.

Thanks I work and live in nigeria.

I am on my 4th passport having travelled around the world.

It's summer time and it's for a vacation.

Please where is the best place to do this?

Also kindly give information on the air route.

Hello...How can i get a flight from ABJ TO CAPE VERDE?

@ jessy

You have posted on an old inactive thread.
For flights a Google search will find these for you.

Hello, I live in Kigali Rwanda and i'd like to know how to best be assured entrance for a visit. Can I buy a visa upon arrival or do I need to get one elsewhere first ?

My people, how are you all doing in the blog?

Any latest or development?

AS for me, levels done change.

I have upgraded to doing holidays in Paris, Rome and Amsterdam, Glasgow in Scotland is now my playing field.

My wife thinks we should visist Cape verde for another attempt to correct the bad experience we had but i am not ready to throw my hard earned money into a prostitutes hand.

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for the detailed post about moving to Cape Verde as a Nigerian. I am interested in relocating to Capeverde. Could you share your email address? I would like to get more information about relocating to Cape Verde please. Thank you,

Hi Lawlah,

Alfred is no longer active on the CV forum. He left Cape Verde many years ago.

Email addresses are private and cannot be shared on the public forum.

If you want general information about relocating from West Africa to Cape Verde, I strongly recommend that you review the dozens of posts on the various CV forums and threads over the past 10 years.

Regards,

Angelo

Lawlah wrote:

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for the detailed post about moving to Cape Verde as a Nigerian. I am interested in relocating to Capeverde. Could you share your email address? I would like to get more information about relocating to Cape Verde please. Thank you,

Hello Friend,
I have read about your desire to relocate to Cape Verde and I will share my personal experience with you.

In 2015, I flew from Lagos through Dakar to Capo verde, my trip was for a two weeks holiday with my wife that was coming from the UK to Capo verde.

The hotel was paid for, all inclusive and I headed down ahead of my wife, unfortunately,  at the airpot, I was returned for not having a large amount of Euro on me, my hotel booking and full payment receipt was not considered.

At the airpot, I called my wife, instructed her to dis-continue the trip as I would not be there for her.

In that trip, we both lost about £1000.
The police dont speak good english and did not care to investigate my position.

Today, I have eventually joined my wife and now lives in the UK but the trauma of the treatment in capo Verde and the financial loss is still very fresh in us.

In the holding room, were I was kept, I saw various writings on the walls indicating that many nigerinas have been treated similarly.

Moreover, an official in Dakar airport had wanted a bribe from me to  connect me with a police over there for a successful landing but I thought,  I had it all.

I made various complains to the foreign affairs office in capo verde but no response whereas, in one of my travel through MMA lagos, I saw a capo verde woman being treated with respect by our Nigeria immigration,  so I think there is no mutual respect between the way they treat nigerians and the way Nigerians treat capo verde citizens arriving Nigeria.

Having said these, it's now left for you to decide whether to continue with the plan or choose somewhere else.

Gambia, Senegal I have been after my ill treatment in capo verde and I can well recommend these places to any west Africans seeking a cool place for holiday or adventure.

Thank you.

Please try Gambia or Senegal or Seychelles

Thank you.