Dengue or Chickunguya

I have been laid low since Friday last with Chickungunya.The virus hit my joints first then Sat the fever and headache kicked in.Tuesday afternoon now,the fever has broken but I have read and been told that my joints may ache for up to a month.Has anyone on the forum fallen ill with this?.

Dengue is called break bone fever.  Not nice and I have had it. It seems to go on forever. To prevent always have bug repellent on and make sure house/apartment has good screens.  Part of joy of living in Mexico.

This should give you more information on Chickungunya  http://www.onlymyhealth.com/after-effec … 1300445384

I contracted chikungunya last October and only in the last couple of weeks has the last of the joint pain settled down. Terrible, terrible virus. The good news is that you should now have antibodies and will not get it again.

I had it too terter,terrible time,first the joint pain then the fever and rash but yeh the joint pain lasts for months.I was in southern Veracruz when i got it,tropical climate and all that goes with it