I love Jamaica and would love to move there - how can i do pls ?

Hi please am a NIGERIAN and I look forward to staying and working in Jamaica, please can I get any help, am a technical student, read building and am Also computer literate, am a computer instructor at an institute here in Nigeria, I love Jamaica and would love to move there. Thanks

Hello,

I see you've expressed interest in living in Jamaica . I've never been to Nigeria before but I expect there would be some similarities.
Living expenses:
The first thing you need to do is prepare, food is very expensive there so it might be worth while bringing a barrel or two with tin/dried foods to keep you going until you find some kind of employment .
Unemployment is extremely high , if you have the money, you might be better off going into some sort of business otherwise it might be worth trying to secure employment over there before you go.
Depending on where you want to live rent can be expensive also. If your looking to move to the tourist areas such as St Ann's, Ochi Rios, Negril your probably looking to pay around $20,000  Jamaican dollars per month for a one bedroom apartment ,  other areas in Jamaica will work out cheaper but may not be as secure. you can always checkout Kingston, it is the capital however it might work out more expensive.

The Natives/ Locals/Expats:
The people are generally friendly and laid back .
you would be better off making friends with other expats or returnee residence, find people who have been there a long time who can show you what to do and what not do.
Even though your from Nigeria, Jamaicans can usually tell when your not from there without you saying a word, so It is best to  integrate and learn there way of doing things as quickly as possible.
If you need to know the price of anything  always listen to what the person in front of you is being charged and follow suit.

Driving:

Depending on where you live you might need to purchase a vehicle to get around but just to let you know that road deaths there are very high , so  be careful on the road.
Jamaica's usual mode of transport is route taxis , be sure to ask the estate agent when you decide to rent, if where your staying has a good service.

I hope this helps.
I've listed a few estate agents you can contact and a few employment sites.
Good Luck!

Estate agents

cbjamaica.com
vlarealtors.com
century21jm.com
meldamrealty.com/

Job sites
caribbeanjobs.com/Jamaica
go-jamaica.com/jobsmart/
splashjamaica.com
linkedin.com/company/career-jamaica