What would I miss from the UK and how can i bring my family along ?

Hello all, I'm heading towards the magical kindom very soon.  What would I miss most from the UK? what should I bring with me? 

I have a young family,  how soon can I bring them along?

other useful advise are welcome.

I am also moving soon, from the USA. Any advice you get, I'd love to get as well.

Family around 3 months behind you as long as your profession allows you to bring them over.  You have to get your iqama first and then can sponsor your family over.

What you will miss depends on you.

How long you've been in Saudi?  What did you miss most?

Just starting our 3rd year here.

Since I am female I miss driving & freedom to move around uncovered.  Family is also a major part.

Huntersbar wrote:

What would I miss most from the UK? what should I bring with me? 

I have a young family,  how soon can I bring them along?.

I guess you will miss the snow, greenery and the rains here !! You will also miss disciplined driving.

Also your family can come along with you, it will totally depend on your employer.

Hi,

If you are coming from the US;

You will miss the words; Thank you. Have a good day, How can I help you? and  some one to hold the door for you while entering or exiting.

You will miss drivers who stops at the traffic light when its RED, but you will save a lot of money.

Bringing your family to KSA should be very easy. Once you are here and have your iqama, you can make an appointment through Estaqdam, where you will get a yellow slip. With this yellow slip, your family can apply for a residents visa back in the UK.

Thanks to all of you, I'm already missing the UK, I just hope that I can survive a bit longer and get use to it.

Thanks all for your replay, just wanted to know how soon the family can join me?

Also I'm intending to fly forth and back until they join, but heard that he recruitment agencies will keep hold of
passports, is that true? if it is, how can I keep my passport with me?

how often can I leave the kingdom (I have no intention of staying for any holiday, even if it is 1 week)

Huntersbar wrote:

Hello all, I'm heading towards the magical kindom very soon.  What would I miss most from the UK? what should I bring with me? 

I have a young family,  how soon can I bring them along?

other useful advise are welcome.

Bring your FREEDOM if you can. Because here freedom is quite limited in stock.

If you have complete proper documents plus some translation of those to Arabic and some documents from your company, it will take that much time.

Hi,

As soon as you receive your Igama you can apply for your family, but you will have to complete the three month if you are -based on your contract-  under probationary of three month, holding your Passport-even it's illegal- but they still do that, but you can tell them at the very begging that you don't want to give your Passport and stand firm for that, then they will leave it with you,
Even if they keep your Passport, anyway you can't travel until they issue you an Exit/Re Entry Visa, and travelling frequently is not a problem at all as long as you pay for the tickets and have approved vacation.

Good Luck and fell free to ask.

Huntersbar wrote:

Thanks all for your replay, just wanted to know how soon the family can join me?

Also I'm intending to fly forth and back until they join, but heard that he recruitment agencies will keep hold of
passports, is that true? if it is, how can I keep my passport with me?

how often can I leave the kingdom (I have no intention of staying for any holiday, even if it is 1 week)

No worries, you can take vacation anytime you want,  as long as your company approves it.

it doesn't sound very good from here, I may need your legal expert @legallegal2007 to get through this ;-)

so what's d details on exit and reentry visa pls? how soon can some one get it when one gets to KSA? so without it someone can't move an each?

I'm not sure if I understood the question, can you rephrase it please, just for my own benefit?

How soon can one apply/get the exit/reentry visa?  what's d process like?

Huntersbar wrote:

it doesn't sound very good from here, I may need your legal expert @legallegal2007 to get through this ;-)

Sure, just ask me, I will be more than happy to assist you.

fehintijesu wrote:

When you finish your first three month of your contract, you are eligible for Exit/Re Entry visa, but you will need to have your vacation request approved which is not possible since you have just finished your three months, but if that the three  months is not required based on your contract, you are good to go.

The process is an easy online application done by your employer with 200 SR fees if it's one time visa, the fees goes up if it's multi Exit/Re Entry, only employer allowed to process the visa, and he is responsible of paying the 200 SR.

For your husband/wife/ kids "if any" you can process their visas yourself through MOI web site (Absher), and it's very easy and simple.

Good Luck and feel free to ask.

legallegal2007 wrote:
fehintijesu wrote:

When you finish your first three month of your contract, you are eligible for Exit/Re Entry visa, but you will need to have your vacation request approved which is not possible since you have just finished your three months, but if that the three  months is not required based on your contract, you are good to go.

The process is an easy online application done by your employer with 200 SR fees if it's one time visa, the fees goes up if it's multi Exit/Re Entry, only employer allowed to process the visa, and he is responsible of paying the 200 SR.

For your husband/wife/ kids "if any" you can process their visas yourself through MOI web site (Absher), and it's very easy and simple.

What is the MOI (Absher) website address please?

Huntersbar wrote:
legallegal2007 wrote:
fehintijesu wrote:

What is the MOI (Absher) website address please?

https://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/Home/ … oCABPX762/

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that some off-topic posts have been removed from this thread  :)

Keep posting  ;)
Bhavna

DO NOT let your employer take your passport!!!!!! It is illegal even in Saudi.

If they are insisting then do not work for them.

stressedmom wrote:

oh wow companies still do that ?

stressedmom wrote:

That will not be happening, would rather stay in the UK than hand it in.

hamudi wrote:
stressedmom wrote:

Yes, JAL and SRACO to name a few !!

saimans wrote:
hamudi wrote:
stressedmom wrote:

I got a job through an agency called Al Hussan (horse) with KSU, does anyone knows how good/bad they are and if they will help me to fly frequently to the UK till my family join me (sorry if I'm off topic just needed to know)

saimans wrote:

Surprise surprise...employees of these companies should call their respective embassies and complain.

SBAZA wrote:

There is nothing magical about this place! Grin and bear/bare (sp) it!

Oh dear,  oh dear.

How long have you been in Saudi?

For those who are bitching around, no one is holding you from leaving the country!, so serve your way out!.

la-boom wrote:

For those who are bitching around, no one is holding you from leaving the country!, so serve your way out!.

Hallelujah.

people are entitled to their opinions, take it easy guys.

By the way, does anyone knows how can I legalise my marriage and children birth certificates.

I'm not getting any joy from the Saudi Cultural Bureau here in UK, I can't even get someone to advice me what to do!!

Huntersbar wrote:

By the way, does anyone knows how can I legalise my marriage and children birth certificates.

I'm not getting any joy from the Saudi Cultural Bureau here in UK, I can't even get someone to advice me what to do!!

Yes, you need to first get it locally attested
2) translated into Arabic (certified copy)
3) Send it to Saudi embassy...not sure if u need cultural.

hamudi wrote:
Huntersbar wrote:

Yes, you need to first get it locally attested
2) translated into Arabic (certified copy)
3) Send it to Saudi embassy...not sure if u need cultural.

Thanks Hamudi,

Just wondering if I can do all of the above before I commence my work in Saudi?
or do I have to be in Saudi first get the Iqama, etc, and then do it?

Huntersbar wrote:

Thanks Hamudi,

Just wondering if I can do all of the above before I commence my work in Saudi?
or do I have to be in Saudi first get the Iqama, etc, and then do it?

Welcome :)

You should be able to do it before you come. Stamping from UK government shouldn't be a problem (if they have it)
As for Saudi embassy it's recommended that you write a letter to them when submitting your request.
Some wait some prepare in advance. It all depends