Single Pakistani mother wishing to relocate to Saudi Arabia

Dear all,

I am a single Pakistani mother wishing to relocate to Saudi Arabia or some other country with my child. The custody case of my child is currently going on. During child-father meetings, the father continuously says such things to my child that he gets disturbed. He says that ask your mother to live with your father. In the next meeting, he tries to fill my son with hatred against me etc etc etc. When my son returns home, he is so much disturbed. I want to take my child to some other country in order to spend a smooth and settled life with my son so that my son's mind is free from such disturbances. What are the options available for me? I have a bachelors degree in IT. I need suggestions and guidance from experienced people. Thank you all for reading :)

Regards,
Sonia Khan

Hello Sonia Khan

Sorry about that, you may look for IT jobs in Gulf, preferably in UAE , Bahrain or Qatar as difficult to get a job in KSA. After getting a job you can bring your son, why not to go for any settlement with your husband for the sack of your son , any compromise  :(

Running away from the problems is not the solution. Facing them and resolving them is always beneficial. :)

:top:

saimans wrote:

Running away from the problems is not the solution. Facing them and resolving them is always beneficial. :)

After facing the entire situation, trying to resolve the issue and making arrangements for compromise for the sake of my son, I have taken this decision. I have my sons passport with me but not the custody papers as my son's father will not sign those papers.

Custody papers are not required for traveling i believe but getting job is important keep looking and members here will also help  :|

For instance I get a job but then what about the employment visa and taking my son along with me?
Would the employer easily grant me and my son visa?

tariqkhattak70 wrote:

Custody papers are not required for traveling i believe but getting job is important keep looking and members here will also help  :|

I don't think so that you can travel out of your country with your son without the approval of your husband when the concern child is a minor. It is another document (not the custudy papers) when travelling out of the country with a minor without the other parent. Besides your custudy proceedings still going on. But am not sure if it applies to your country but is in my country. Wishhing you good sonia khan.

soniakhan wrote:

For instance I get a job but then what about the employment visa and taking my son along with me?
Would the employer easily grant me and my son visa?

Yes if you get a job then it's the employers responsibility to provide you with the visa and if you will be coming on the family status then you would be eligible to bring your son too and you will be his sponsorer !!

But for visa, the employer will be asking for custody papers and no objection letter from my son's father? He would never sign that.

soniakhan wrote:

But for visa, the employer will be asking for custody papers and no objection letter from my son's father? He would never sign that.

No, employer will be responsible to give you the work visa and then you will have to apply for the visa of your son and in this process the employer will help you. I don't have any clue about the legal tangles about custody and all, but logically, employer has got nothing to do with that. If your status is approved for family eligibility then employer will help you to get your sons visa.

soniakhan wrote:

I believe so.... Because it's like kidnapping your own son away from his father when the custody is not cleared yet.

Ya... this is the fact that makes me concerned

saimans wrote:

Yea that ^

The father has rights on his child, and the child has rights on his father. So no matter how bad your relationship with the father do not keep him away from the child, if you take him 'away' without a legal custody document then you will face problems every step of the way, as you will be required to present those documents.

So please think carefully before running way in the middle of a legal battle.

I cannot compromise my child's mental disturbance. This is the reason why I have to move out otherwise I am free from that man now. It's just my child's mental state and personality that I am worried about. His father doesn't realize that he shouldn't be talking such things to a 4 year old boy.

Not only will you be unable to travel outside of your country with a minor child without either the consent of your husband and sole custody of your child, doing so is a crime in most nations. You would not even be allowed to board an international flight with a minor child, without a notarized letter of consent to travel from the father, or a Court Order from the appropriate court authorizing such travel.

I would highly recommend that you think twice about your plans, since they can end up landing you in jail somewhere. Then who would look after your child??? No matter where you go you can also be subjected to an Order in the local courts should your husband chose to make an application for the child's return based on the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Parental Child Abduction.

Note to other members:  Postings encouraging any member to commit a criminal act is a violation of Expat-blog Terms & Conditions of Use. Please do not post anything encouraging this regardless of your own personal feelings. Do not place your membership at risk of being cancelled.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

tariqkhattak70 wrote:

Sorry to tell you that you're absolutely wrong on this point. No minor child will be permitted aboard any international flight without both parents accompanying, unless the adult has a notarized letter of consent to travel from the other parent (or both parents if not a parent of the child) or a Court Order which permits travel. Check your laws please before posting inaccurate information.

Authorization of the other parent or the court is required even if a parent has sole custody of a child, since the issue of custody is never closed and deciding to remove the child from the country of normal residence is automatic grounds for custody to be reviewed should the other parent wish to do so.

Regards,
James
Expat-blog Experts Team

soniakhan wrote:

Dear all,

I am a single Pakistani mother wishing to relocate to Saudi Arabia or some other country with my child. The custody case of my child is currently going on. During child-father meetings, the father continuously says such things to my child that he gets disturbed. He says that ask your mother to live with your father. In the next meeting, he tries to fill my son with hatred against me etc etc etc. When my son returns home, he is so much disturbed. I want to take my child to some other country in order to spend a smooth and settled life with my son so that my son's mind is free from such disturbances. What are the options available for me? I have a bachelors degree in IT. I need suggestions and guidance from experienced people. Thank you all for reading :)

Regards,
Sonia Khan

Hi,

Saudi Arabia is not exactly the kind of single mother friendly country. IT here is 95% dominated by male workforce. You need to settle some place nice I suggest you migrate to Australia or someplace. Good environment and reasonable jobs.

B/ wishes

Many people have moved to other countries without requiring to show custody papers or anything as long as the child is moving with his father or mother. All depends whether you get visa from the other country or not. If you get visa then passport of your child is enough to be showed at the airport

soniakhan wrote:

Many people have moved to other countries without requiring to show custody papers or anything as long as the child is moving with his father or mother. All depends whether you get visa from the other country or not. If you get visa then passport of your child is enough to be showed at the airport

If there's a court case pending or a child custody issue you may have been listed in the exit control list of your respective country.

@ soniakhan > I am sorry but we are on an expats website, so i think that your questions are irrelevant here.

For your questions, i think that you should consult a lawyer. Here is a small list : https://www.expat.com/en/business/middl … s/lawyers/

As you are looking for information on parental kidnapping, which is actually a crime, we are closing this topic now.

P.S This topic might also be removed afterwards as well in order to avoid legal problems.

Thanks,

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed