Expat-blog.com , The site is for expats right?

I am not against anything. But I guess the name of the site is called expat-blog.com
so in my view it is only for the expats.

Why the moderators allowed posting from youtube teaching the language when in fact
have you ever searched if the poster is a licensed teacher to teach Khmer?

Just be sure anything posted here is kind of reliable.

That is my point.

I personally don't have a problem with Ridana posting her language lesson video's here. They are helpful to potential and current expats who are interested to learn a little Khmer, and she is offering her knowledge free of charge via her videos.

Does it really matter whether she is licensed/qualified to teach? Not at all, she is not charging you money to watch her Youtube videos, she is fluent and her teachings are accurate. You'd be surprised how many non-qualified, non-experienced foreigners are teaching English in Cambodia, including non-native English speakers....is that fair on the Cambodian children who are being taught, I don't think so!

It appears she also offers private lessons, and if people are willing to pay her for that service then that is up to them, posting her Youtube lessons is a good marketing strategy, but she is not aggressively advertising and forcing anyone on this forum to pay for something they do not want.

I wish Ridana the best of luck, from watching a couple of her video's briefly I feel she would make a great Khmer language teacher to English speakers,as she has an excellent grasp of English herself.

If your think something is not quite right or not according to the rules of this blog, you can always report the post by clicking on the report  button in the right corner above the post. Your describe briefly why you report this and the moderation team take the necessary action if needed.

I agree with the previous post.

She doesn't need anything official to post short videos on youtube.
A lot of expats might well be helped, so where's the problem?

chococambo wrote:

That is my point.

A point I noticed you started two threads about.

Still, a good few people pop to....

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-32791195

....for fake degrees.

Perhaps you would like to put your own house in order first.

@chococambo

What's in a name??

Expat.com is open to all. The forum is not racist, sexist, religious or exclusive as to who can be a member.
Those who do join have to be aware of the terms and conditions of membership along with the forum code of conduct.

Step outside those boundaries and you will be dropped.

Quite simple really.

Of the 5 different forums I am a member of, EB is by far and away the best administered and run forum I am on. Admin take an active role in running the forum.

@chococambo > Please note that Expat.com is for everyone !

Concerning your question about youtube language courses, i have answered here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=504211

Thanks

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed