Windows 10.

Just tried to set up the weather app. in Windows 10 and it seems that Microsoft don't know that Gozo exists let alone Gharb.

Anyone know of a good Media player for videos  which can run on Windows 10 as,at first look, I don't like their new Video app (Windows Media Player no longer exists)

Ray

vlc is what i use
windows key + r and type in wmplayer that will open windows media player

cause i have windows 10 and its still works

robpw2 wrote:

vlc is what i use

Just looked at 'most used list' and it still showed WMP, but downloads default to the new player and that seems slower and also has the big white band at the bottom which returns every time you move the mouse or touch the pad or sneeze!

Will look in settings and see if it is still possible to make WMP the default player

Ray

robpw2 wrote:

vlc is what i use

Windows 10 works on a VIC !
I had a VIC 20 back in the 60's ( 64 MB memory) and I did not think it had enough power to run Windows 10 !  Should have kept it!

:joking:
Ray

I mean vlc media player lol-

Used settings in Windows 10 to make WMP the default player and it works. Perhaps if you had 10 as a new installation it would not but as I was Windows 7 before, it saved it.

Ray

PS: Any one who is waiting for a reserved Windows 10 download you can forget the queue and download it yourself!

I had it as a upgrade one of the first lol

robpw2 wrote:

Probably only for VIP's!

Ray

Why to wait for the reserve when Microsoft has provided official download tool to get the upgrade.

At my 7years old laptop required 2-3 hours to complete the procedure over the 8.1 64bit.
Now win 10 run smoothly. 4 gb Ram seem to be enough for standard use.

I am currently at 71% of the download. This should keep me occupied for a few hours.

robpw2 wrote:

Me too actually but I haven't done it yet I am waiting for a bit till any issues ironed out. QuickTime player has to work with it for me to download it so I ck Google once in a while to ck for compatability issues

I like that you boot into desktop again and that the app menu is reached from here. Job well done.

1 week after downloading Windows 10 and whole system crashed, 2 windows that were open froze with 'not responding' message and 'Task Manager' would not work.
Had to turn off power and try rebooting but this also failed and I was left with a blank screen followed by 'unable to load Windows' message. After 2 more attempts I managed to load windows only to find that Windows had decided to install updates, whether that was coincidence or cause I don't know.

No doubt the first of many bugs to come!

Ray

im running win10 have been for about 10 days...and the only thing i have noticed is that it tends to freeze up.... and you have to wait for it to catch up....

No problems so far with my old laptop and Windows 10 Pro.
Only strange behavior that I had was at the beginning with the product key, as firstly the windows couldn't accept it and then suddenly after some days activation was accomplished.

If anyone who gets windows 10 can let me know if right click and "open with" on a MP4 file gives QuickTime player as an option (if you have quick time on your pc/laptop) I would be very grateful :)

it does have quicktime as an option

robpw2 wrote:

it does have quicktime as an option

Great thanks :)

Could be a coincidence but I lost the sound on Kodi/XBMC yesterday and a red mute icon appeared on the top right of the Kodi screen. Both volume sliders in the audio menu, which would normally have allowed me to correct the problem, were greyed out.
A simple but not perfect fix was to press the + key whilst holding down the shift key. As I said, it may be a coincidence, but it has never happened before.

Ray

One good thing I have found is the ability to stream Kodi film and video downloads from my laptop to my Smart TV using the 'Cast to Device' option. No more cables!

Ray