Life in Mauritius

Hi all,

So my family and I are planning to relocate to Mauritius in the new year and would like to live in a gated development could anyone recommend a site in Tamarin that is family friendly, we have 3 young children.

Thank You
The Gregsons

Hell to you, the Gregsons,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Well you can have a look at the professional list in the Real estate in Mauritius section of the directory and contact them so that they can guide you.

Any special reason why you chose Tamarin ? ;)

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hi
Can I ask why you want only Gated ?

I think they have probably seen the adverts for all these residential complex sites and think that this is the normal thing to live in the Tamarin area.

Tamarin and Black River gated communities derived from the influx of South African investors who wanted to come and live in Mauritius.  They are so used to it back home living in a gated community so they brought the idea over with them to the area. 

What benefits are there to this,  personally in Mauritius with very little crime against people in general, I would feel that I am living some sort of Prison. Why would you want to look out from your house to see high walls and perhaps barbed wire and have to pass Security Control just to live on this beautiful island.

Lol Bhavna has posted "Hell to you, the Gregsons"  :D:lol:

shantanukumar847 wrote:

Lol Bhavna has posted "Hell to you, the Gregsons"  :D:lol:

What's so funny !

Typos do happen  on the net especially on fora where posters may not pay attention or preview their responses before submitting  :/