Relocating to Worcester from New Zealand

Just been offered a great position in the City of Worcester by a private company, so if anyone can fill me in to activities, like gyms, tennis, golf and any other exciting recreational past times I'd appreciate it.

Into my health and fitness  and outdoors.

Thanks,
Peter

Hii

Hi back Bouchmery92,

And where are you located? London it seams?

Cheers,

Peter

Cool in leytonstone

Not familiar with the place :-)

Don't worry, as it's not a nice place!

What about u

Don't know much about Worcester, except where it is in relation to London, so making enquiries.

NZ economy is quite depressed now, so heading to UK for the experience. Chartered civil and environmental engineer wanting to put roots in the UK.

Petersnorth wrote:

Just been offered a great position in the City of Worcester by a private company, so if anyone can fill me in to activities, like gyms, tennis, golf and any other exciting recreational past times I'd appreciate it.

Into my health and fitness  and outdoors.

Thanks,
Peter

Good morning Peter,

Wow.......this is one heck of a move, lol. I'm pretty sure that you will love England after you have settled down. It's very different from what you are used to though.
Though I don't know Worcester (pronounced WUSTER) personally, England in general is a nice place. I would suggest that you Google "Worcester.gov" or "Worcester gyms" for a list of the council amenities including swimming pool, parks and spa's etc. I'm a bit further North, but we have a local lake where there is a rowing team/training available as well as hundreds of walks so maybe you could look into something similar.
Unfortunately, our outdoors are rather damp (sometimes completely sodden), so you will have to adjust to working out inside, especially in the snow - as jogging /running can be dangerous in the icy conditions.
I hope this helps, Peter. I'm sorry I'm not in the same village, but if I can help you at all, please let me know. Drop me a line.

Chuckle Butty  :cheers:

Nice to meet u

You too Mery....