Music in Jordan

Hi,

Music is said to be a universal language. Indeed it helps to discover and better understand the culture of a country.

What are the most popular music genres in Jordan? How about traditional music and instruments?

Who are the local artists you would recommend?

Where can you listen to them: are there any concerts or music festival held regularly?

Thank you in advance for participating,

Kenjee

Woaaaa....Too long to be listed,but most of the music they play (mostly they play loud music in their cars,while the car window is open) is Arabic Music and you can hear some of Toplist English Music too in certain place (with the same style,Joy driving around town or Neighbourhood with loud music) Welcome to Jordan :P

I think Kate29 explains it all lol..

Hello :)

Any local artist that is famous you know of?

Are there live concerts or is that prohibited?

Regards
Kenjee

Famous local Artist in Jordan is Omar Al Abdallat (If im not mistaken)

and Live concert is not forbidden at all (as yesterday i just attend one called "Autostrad Concert") Made in Jordan

Festival and some other concerts in Downtown,including the concert of Mohammad Assaf (winner of Arab Idol)..so,there was no Forbidden concerts here in Jordan :)

The most Jordanian hear the Egyptian or Lebanese Music. Maybe kate cant distinguish the differences

I notice that there are not big pop concerts like in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
Modern famous pop artist wouldn't come here, I don't know if this has to do with their gage or no interest to organize it.
Classic music is often performed and there are more musicals than in the past, the last one was ABBA.

A famous annual event was the Distant heat festival in Wadi Rum with world famous DJ's but due the complains of the people who live there (and maybe also because of the heat) they canceled this event.

Another famous event is the 10 days Jerash festival where dancers, musicians, performers, singers from all over the world performing in the ancient city of Jerash.