Driving in Georgia

Hi,

What do you think of the way people drive in Georgia? How different is it from your home country?

Respecting the road safety rules, driving etiquette such as general courtesy, speed excess… what are the characteristics of the driving style in Georgia?

Share with us the difficulties one may face when driving in Georgia: peak hours, road conditions, accident, etc. and your advice to drive safely in the country.

Thank you in advance for participating,

Maximilien

I drove from Tbilisi to Batumi last year. There is not much the cars can do because the roads are not really highways, just one lane in each direction the majority of the way. They drive generally slower than other places in Europe, but it is because the roads are curvy and there are a lot of tractor trailer trucks on the road as well. The cars constantly pass each other in both directions and it is a miracle no one wrecked. We also had to slam on our breaks because of the following animals in the middle of the road: geese, chickens, horses, pigs, cows, goats, sheep, dogs. In the city, I expect it will be a bit hectic, and of course it does not disappoint. New York is equally annoying. Overall, I believe once the roads have been improved and a good highway built, most of these problems will disappear. I believe Georgians drive relatively well in comparison to other places I have seen.