Moving to Paris in August as an au pair, want to make friends!

Hi everyone! Im moving from Ireland to Paris at the end of August and know absolutely NO ONE!! I would love to make some friends to go places with and have something to do in the evenings! Anyone else in the same position?! Lets all make a group or something!

Goodluck to be an au pair! Im far from paris. Im in Lyon. But if u happen to drop by here some day then drop me a message. Bon courage!

I definitelywill! And same goes for you if you are ever in Paris :)

jessieg23 wrote:

Hi everyone! Im moving from Ireland to Paris at the end of August and know absolutely NO ONE!! I would love to make some friends to go places with and have something to do in the evenings! Anyone else in the same position?! Lets all make a group or something!

Hi jessieg23.
Just holler when you get to Paris! We can set up a little meet up if you want along with the others here. (Although, I have to check my husband's schedule first -  I like to go out and hang out,/meet new people when he IS at work, and spend quality time with him when he is off work)

Jo

Hi Jo! I would love that, sounds good!!
Jessie

Jessie and mzjgen

Ill be in paris in november haha its still far though. Will enjoy disneyland with my husband with his cousins. Anyhows ill add both of u in my contacts.

Regards!

I'm from Philippines and looking for an au host in France in Paris or in maurepas. I'll be free on April 2016 and I would love to be the nanny of your babies. 😄 could anyone help me to find AU HOST there? Thanks :)

Maryjanefifi wrote:

I'm from Philippines and looking for an au host in France in Paris or in maurepas. I'll be free on April 2016 and I would love to be the nanny of your babies. 😄 could anyone help me to find AU HOST there? Thanks :)

Hi mary jane

This thread is for looking friends not for au host. Search on the classified ads here in Expat.com. I saw some job opening for nannies in paris. But it is not in this thread of chats.

Im not an expert in au host or au pair but before im just looking at this topic and i believe ull be hired tru an au pair agency. Ur still in philippines right?

Hi Jessie and welcome to France :)
Let us know when you'll be there and it will be a pleasure to have a drink together !

Yes I'm still here! Are you an au pair katchie?

Maryjanefifi wrote:

Yes I'm still here! Are you an au pair katchie?

No Im not an au pair but i considered to be one before. But it has a process so why not research on it.

I'd already know about it. May I ask, is it expensive to be an AU host because I have a French boyfriend in France, he wants to invite me there but we don't want to apply for tourist visa since it only issued 3mos of visiting there if approved. His family wants me to stay there for like 5mos or more so would it be easier if his family will get me through au pair visa? We just hope that it will not be so expensive in there part.

Maryjanefifi wrote:

I'd already know about it. May I ask, is it expensive to be an AU host because I have a French boyfriend in France, he wants to invite me there but we don't want to apply for tourist visa since it only issued 3mos of visiting there if approved. His family wants me to stay there for like 5mos or more so would it be easier if his family will get me through au pair visa? We just hope that it will not be so expensive in there part.

Ur question is vague. Of course it will be expensive in their part considering they will host u for 5 months plus the other requirements like giving u allowance and sending u to a french school. Specifically how much will depend on the agency u will choose to pair u with them. Plus the fact u have to go to manila to,process ur papers. There are lots of factors to consider. So we dropped that idea and i sent their for tourist.

U can pm me though

Hi There , IM a filipina  living Viroflay just few minutes from Versailles.. If you want we can meet up .. just send me PM :) best regards

hi There sweetie! Im from Gensan  and i lived near Versailles ( i guess around 15 KM from Maurepas . ) You can send me a PM if you want to..

OMG! My boyfriend lives in maurepas and maybe we can also meet one day there are :) unta makaanha ko dra 🙏🏽

Hi! I just moved to Paris a couple days ago and would love to make a new friend! Let's go get a coffee

HELLO!
I've stayed in Paris since last month, and I don't know even one Parisian. I only know some Korean people. :)
I really wanna make friends who can speak English!

Hi simoneenoel & dikewin!
I would be very happy to meet with you guys over a cup of coffee or go sightseeing. I've been here in Paris for almost 8 months now and I'm always looking to meet new friends.

~ Jo

Hi everyone !
We organize a meet up to welcome all the new expats in Paris !

Enter it there : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=514203#2803154

Hope we'll see you soon !

Hey there,

Just saw your post. I've been here for 2 years and heading back to New Zealand at Christmas.

These Facebook pages are great. The 'Expatriates in Paris' page I used all the time and people are SO helpful on it. The Au pair pages will be really helpful for you making other Au pair friends.

Good luck!
Lou :)

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links not allowed on the forum.

May I ask if how much would be the cost for the host family to hire an au pair in the Philippines ? My French friends wants to me hire as the nanny of their youngest but they don't know how much would it cost to get me. Please I need your help ! Thanks 💕💕💕💕