Looking for job in Finance

Hey

We are looking for a Kuala Lumpur based job for my husband. He got about 12 years banking and finance experience. He is currently working as a Deputy General Manager (Finance) for leading Automobile company in India. He is a chartered accountant with company secretary degree by education.

We have been trying since last 2-3 months but all our efforts are in vain. I am not sure if we are following the right approach.

Please share your experiences and do let us know if have any clue.

Regards,
J

The sector is just about impossible to break into in Malaysia for foreigners, unless they are seconded here. I guess he has tried Robert Walters and taken a look at what Emerio have on offer. If he has the odd RM500k to spare he could try setting up a consultancy here. But even the locally-run ones are reeling at problems these days with company set up in Malaysia - so may not be profitable. Not sure how his qualifications would be viewed in Malaysia. If he can join and attend Chartered Institute meetings etc. he may start to set up a network. If he joins internations as well they have a business networking group which may help with job search. At the end of the day only networking really works in Malaysia.