Please tell me anything you can about moving out

Hello, my name is Connie and my husband I just retired. We are thinking of moving to Rosarito Beach. Please tell me anything you can about moving out of the states. We reside in No. Califronia.
For example, can we live there without visas? Can we bring our cars? What about health insurance...will we be able to use Medicare services there? What about vaccines? Do we have to be vaccinated to live there? Thanks for your replies!

You will need to do a lot of research to see if you can do this.  You will need to meet income requirements to qualify to retire in Mexico.  You will not have medicare available to you. That is only available in the USA.  There are books available that you can order that can explain everything  you will need to do.

Thanks for your reply...we do meet the requirements for income, but not sure how medical insurance works down there.

Hello Connie and paty wolf,

First, welcome to Expat.com Connie  :)

I have created a new thread from your posts on the Mexico forum.

To enlighten you, i suggest you read the following article : Retirement in Mexico so as to gather some informations.

You may as well run through the Living in Mexico guide so as to get an overview of the differents aspects related to expatriation to Mexico.

Hope it helps,  ;)
Bhavna

If you start serious daily research about living in Mexico you will find all the info you need about life in Mexico and if it is really for you.  There are tons of websites and forums on a Google search.  There is no one place where you will obtain all the needed info so you need to add research about living in Mexico as part of your daily routine.  Before I moved here I spent at least 2 hours a day online researching various websites and expat forums.