All help would be appreciated!!!!

My fiancé and I are wanting to live in cortes Honduras long story short he was deported  we have a son who is almost two we will be visiting him and the rest of his family for Christmas and hopefully move there in may or june after I finish school here state side I guess my questions are what type of lifestyle could we expect does cortes offer job opportunities as a medical assistant shipping our stuff the cost and cost for dual citizenship I told him before any definite changes private schooling and a decent house with electricity and ac are a must  is this an unrealistic request do you have to have lots of money for private school meaning  high class :blink: ????

I see you better off in San Pedro Sula.
I havent been in Puerto Cortes in years but my guess is you are going to find it hot and low, small and slow, compared to other cities. It is a tropical beach/port town. 
San Pedro Sula has crime problems but it still is the industrial capital of HN, where the money is.

P.S.: San Pedro Sula is 35 minutes away from Puerto Cortes

Thank you I looked at the school there the Albert Einstein I liked but my fiancé said it was really dangerous there.....but im not fluent in spanish do they have hospitals or doctor office for English speaking people not saying I won't be fluent I'm just not at the moment

You should consider La Ceiba. Has all the amenities and very beautiful. Lots of medical opportunities .

Get into the mountains!  Siguatepeque is a great town between SPS and Comayagua. We lived there for two years and loved it. 3400 feet or higher is where you want to be. Stay away from the hot/humid coast.

I moved in 2010 with 2 children and my husband.  If you do not have a a business its a little tough. My sister studied sonography but in Honduras your and her types of jobs dont exist.   As far as schooling $300 monthly is an average spent per child again if the income is low ita difficult.  You can get okay homes for $250 mth. Normally electricity not included or furniture etc. Paperwork is not expensive though upu.must begon the process in the country of origin.

Hope this helps

Vivianna

I can give you some advice regarding Honduran citizenship for yourself and your children. I am currently in the process of getting my citizenship in Honduras, the way that my lawyer suggested was registering my child as a Honduran, then applying for citizenship as the parent of a Honduran citizen. We had to have my daughters US birth certificate certified by the Honduran Consulate, then we sent it to my lawyer who was able to get a Honduran birth cert for her. My next step is to send a medical certificate and criminal record check for myself to obtain my residency. The total cost for me was under $1000 US. I am doing the entire process from outside of Honduras, but if you start while in Honduras you are allowed to remain in the country while in process (meaning you won't have to leave after the 90 days you are typically given)

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Do you know where a Honduras national can get a Honduras passport in San Pedro Sula?

Thanks

Thank You

Good advice Jorge!

You are a US citizen Grace? Dual citizenship requires Honduran residency first. Gaining Honduran citizenship will cost you a bundle, (and I do not see many benefits, except to vote). I know of a good attorney for your residency, however you must write me a private message, so that I am not accused of spamming the site. Do you speak Spanish? If not you will have to learn it and you will most likely have to gain some sort of license, unless you can work something out in a private clinic. You will need to have your course work translated into Spanish. Make sure that you get on it with your residency, including your child, so that the both of you do not have trouble with immigration here in Honduras.

I did not look at the date Grace of your posting! Sorry! Have you arrived in HN? Is everything alright?

Last time I checked Honduras does not allow dual citizenship.  Only dual Residency.  This has been confirmed by the Honduran Embassy in Canada.  Good Luck