Dependent Visa - Letter of Invite from the Company

Hi All,

I need to know if a Letter of Invite from the Company is required to bring dependents along in Belgium?

As for the below query I'm sure this topic was touched on before but still I need a little bit more clarity as I need to bring along my dependents along with me.

How long will it take for a Belgium Work Visa to be processed and can dependent visa be applied along with my work Visa. Will both be processed at the same time?

Thanks
Deepika

No letter needed. Your dependents visa will be processed as dependents and as long you have your relevant documents it should be fine.

Yes both can be applied con-currently. I don't know about processing times in India.

Thank You for the update

Another clarification I have is, is it really necessary to have our birth and marriage certificates to be latest ones for Visa, or will the embassy accept the ones issued at the beginning that has been attested and apostilled.

What do you mean by issued at the beginning?

Normally they should accept it as long as its around a yr old or so but that depends from embassy to embassy.

Marriage Certificate or Birth Certificate that was provided at the time of Marriage or Birth. That will be more than a few yrs old. I found in some blogs that these certificates need to be reissued and should be at least 6 months old.

Yes, that is correct. They need to be re-issued again then. But clarify this for sure with VFS so that you dont have to go through the process which I assume is very cumbersome and time consuming. But most likely yes, it will need to be re-issued but thats IMHO.

Thank you

It means that you need to legalize it from MHA which is Appostile.

You dont need to obtain a new marriage or birth certificate. It has to be appostile and the date should be no later than 6 months...

I think some misleading information has been circulating around the forums that 'latest' birth and marriage certificates are needed for visa application. This is simply not true and quite ridiculous actually! Also, the apostilles are stamped by MEA and not MHA.

You can just take your existing certificates to any branches designated by MEA for apostilles. It usually takes 1 day for the apostille process which has 2 following steps -

Step 1: is sign and stamp (not older than 6 months) from the relevant SDM where the document was issued. If this is missing it costs around 6000-6500 rupees extra. Or you can go to the SDM yourself and get it.

Step 2: is MHA apostille sticker gets pasted with sign and stamp of an officer. This only costs 50-60 rupees.

Additionally, there is a minimal 15-25 rupees fee of the processing branch.

I don't know where in India you are, but here is a list of official branches where you can submit your documents for apostilles :

http://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm