Philippine Immigration Wrong Month on Entry Stamp

Hi all,

Philippine Immigration stamped my passport with the wrong month when I entered the country, they used June 5, 2015 when I entered on July 5, 2015.  The local Immigration office in CDO tell me only the main office in Manila can correct the date.  Has this happened to anyone else and most importantly how long did it take Manila to fix it. Hopefully the correction takes only a couple of hours.  What was your experience like?

Thanks,
Mike

"Oh dear - I didn't notice" - just keep your airline itinerary, boarding pass etc. with you when you next exit. I had a similar issue where I did not get an inwards stamp at all by accident. It was sorted on my next exit.

There should be an immigration audit trail anyway e.g. outward stamp from PH or another country, or even swiped data from passport on date entry occurred.

Wow that was fast.  Thank you so much

Only in the Philippines..More fun in the Philippines...Thats a Joke..LOL

vetretreat wrote:

Its not a joke but a serious human error... and human are not perfect. Its an isolated case anyway so do not insult... if you don't like the Philippines, just leave... and never come back.

Hummmmmm  - Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed.   There was nothing offensive said against the Philippine people or Government.  Everyone knows the mistake was not made with intended malice.  It was a human mistake and I am going to stay here because I love it here  If anyone should be angry it is me, I have to fly to Manila to get the date corrected so I can extend my visitor VISA again.

Hi mharrich,

I'm Maro. I'm sorry for the inconvenient situation that you were in. I believe what you have to do is to apply for the amendment or correction of the stamp date. I know they made the mistake but you are the one who needs to make an effort to fix it and it really sucks. If you like you could just let someone do it for you along with the process of extending your visa.

If you leave and enter again before expiry surely nothing needs to be done.

prince_denison wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

Its not a joke but a serious human error... and human are not perfect. Its an isolated case anyway so do not insult... if you don't like the Philippines, just leave... and never come back.

Where do you get off calling my statement an insult or telling me to leave when I am not even here LOL...Only a self centered delusional PRINCE would interpret as such...

vetretreat wrote:
prince_denison wrote:
vetretreat wrote:

Where do you get off calling my statement an insult or telling me to leave when I am not even here LOL...Only a self centered delusional PRINCE would interpret as such...

San Diego isn't in the Philippines?  The name sounds so Spanish, could have fooled anyone, even a prince.

i think best to protect ourselves  in such cases is to check after its being stamped on entry and exit.

That i beleive can solve any human error.

MACKYDESAI wrote:

i think best to protect ourselves  in such cases is to check after its being stamped on entry and exit.

That i beleive can solve any human error.

After a 30 to 40 hour trip who would even think of doing that...Most just want to get their bags get home and end the nightmare...

Its simple. Leave 1 month early and start the clock again.

Hello.
Always save every receipt, boarding pass, etc, you can buy a 30 to 59 days visa at the airport, but they have to write the receipt number in the passport visa page. That happened to me. I met an american who was denied exiting and offloaded  the country because he did not have the receipt for his overstaying visa. They trust the paper receipt more than the stamp.
   There many such mistakes in legal documents. Birth certificates are bad here for simple mistakes.
Al

Many expats are doing exactly what you suggest.