DP10 and Social Visa

After the company submmited DP10 application, can the foreign employee apply for Social Visa to come to Malaysia, or the employee apply Socoal Visa first and upon arrival then only the company submit DP10 application ? Please advise. Thank you.

The normal process is for the DP10 to be considered i.e. can the company hire a foreigner for the role. If this permission is given, the candidate is then approved and immigration is able to issue what is called a Visa With Reference or VDR. Only when the VDR is issued can the company employ the person.

Of course anyone can enter Malaysia on normal immigration procedures, but it is sensible to wait until the DP10 process is completed, just in case it is unsuccessful and a wasted journey has been made.

The idea of the VDR is that it is put into the passport and facilitates travel and is then converted into a DP11 Employment Pass after arrival. It does mean a trip to the local Malaysian (or British if none) High Commission in home country, but it does guarantee the position is available.

Does it mean while DP10 was submitted, a foreigh employee can apply for Sosial Visa?

The said employee need to attend a course in KL on August 2015 and October 2015.

If you have no immigration status in Malaysia you need to apply in the normal way to come to Malaysia. The Malaysian process must be completed before you are able to use the status.

I am stil not clear about it. Can the employee apply Sosial Visa while the DP10 is in progress?

Yes, for reasons not connected to the application. Some employers ask candidates to come to Malaysia on normal immigration and not the VDR. It is OK, but risky in case the DP10 is not approved. So only a good idea once the company can show the applicant the approval.

Thank you.

dear admin, I have come from bangladesh last month. I am a profesional visa holder. after entry    to malaysia I meet with my company and give my passport to my company. after 10days company give my passport with two year visa sticker but I am confuse about my visa. now I am worry about my future. I hope you can help me to know about my visa. is it right or wrong. my pp no ***********.please confirm me. my email ***********************

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

imamhossain what is confusing you? What makes you think there is something wrong? Two years is unusual, but that means you have a job with a salary of RM5k or above and pay income tax from now onwards on that amount per month.

Please delete your passport number immediately for safety reasons.

so are you confirming me. there is no problem with my visa. I mension it my visa expire date is not show immigration online. pls reply me

imamhossain - no idea whether there is anything wrong and whether you used an agent. I guess as you have an employer you can ask them, not strangers on a forum. So you have seen something on a database?  So what is your real question? It has not been updated with a date 2 years ahead? It may take time. But something smells wrong that you are so concerned - i.e. have you really got a job and the employment pass has been applied for in the correct way, with you getting a visa with reference (VDR) to enter the country..........

Hi,
Recently I have received Invitation letter from Malaysian company who has offered me a job. They are asking first to come on business visa & then they will apply for employment pass once I reach there. Is this process ok & should I proceed further.
What problems can come while being there on business visa.
Please respond.