What type of voltage you need?

My husband and I were talking yesterday about taking our electronics, any idea if the TV's are working in DR with the same voltage?, o you need a transformer?

Normal voltage here is 110-120V 60hz.  Same as North America.  In a few places you will find 220v.  Be sure before plugging in your appliances.  TV's here are expensive.  Slip a 24' into your luggage and chances are you will get through without paying duty.  If not, duty can be as much as the TV but that's no more than what you will pay for one here.

Thank you :)

Any time...:)

Good answer,  top 10 answer on the board.....LOL

Juan Luis uses 440 and it seems to work for him : ))))

What the heck is 440 and never heard of it here. IF it is like what they use in the UK then they have an apadaper.

It's  3 phase 220v.  Good for machinery, motors, arc welders etc.  Also if you have a large property and large demand you will pay less for your electricity but the initial outlay is more expensive.  Not recommended for your average residential.  Also running 220V is more dangerous than 120v system and if you have children you may want to stick to a lower voltage system.  220v usually reserved for some equipment like electric stoves, dryers etc. Either way it takes a lot less than 120 volts to kill a person.

Thanks Mike,  so I do know about  3 phase but had never heard it called 440.  Cool.  Yes my understanding is that would be needed for major machinery had never heard of residential installation or needs.

No problems, it's the DR, everything is possible...:)

If you have heard of Juan Luis Guerra, then you know what I'm talking about  :p

Soooo  true.

sorry Drtuttle you lost me.

Yup, too rich for my blood though but point and case!