Traveling in brazil

Hello. I'm from the Philippines.  I always wanted to travel abroad but I really have no idea about it. And brazil is one of my dream destination. And luckily, I know someone living there in Sao Paulo but we lost our communication. I was just wondering if how is tourism there? Is it a tourist friendly city? 😊. And I would like to see my friend there like a surprise visit. 😊. And I heard it's cost of living there I high. I just wanted to travel even on a tight budget.

Thank you so much.

Hello jeysi,

It will be nice if you introduce yourself  :)

What do you like about Brazil ? Have you read the blogs already in the following section : Blogs from expats in São Paulo. They could inspire you  ;)

Cheers,
Bhavna

Hello jeysi,

São Paulo is the largest city in South America, and while there are many expats who live there it is difficult to meet them (unless you work with them) because the city is so spread out. That said, yes it is quite a tourist friendly city at any rate.

The cost of living and accommodations in São Paulo is very high, hotel accommodations in areas removed from the city center start at around R$125 per night (off season) and go up from there. They are considerably higher in the city center and more desirable neighborhoods.

Brazil has very high crime rates, so you need to take extra precautions not to make yourself a target for crime. You should read and carefully follow all of the safety tips in my posting A Gringo's Survival Guide to Brazil.

If you don't speak Portuguese you may find great difficulty in communicating with people in Brazil because English is not widely spoken here.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you for all your responses. I'll sure take note of that. 😉😊. For now maybe I'll  start to learn their language (though it's pretty tough to learn) 😊  and hopefully I could get there and find other expats and share our experiences.

Regards,
Jeysi 😉😊👌👍👍