This is kind of crazy...

So I went back to work today after being on conv leave for 30 days (shoulder surgery - no biggie) and I was asked if I'd be interested in taking a position in Aguadilla sometime in 2017.... So it looks like I'm shifting focus to that area instead of Caguas.

Any input as to good (maybe gated) communities and private schools for my kiddo (will start 3d grade in 2017) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

JR

I don't know much about Caguas, but I love the Aguadilla area- I think you scored on this one!  I don't know anything about housing and schools, but there are great beaches and hiking.

Thanks Suzzane. I agree. If this actually happens I think it'll be a huge score. I've only been to the west side of the island a handful of times but I do remember it being nice. Above all, I remember Crashboat beach being amazing.

Hi,

First Bilingual Prep is in Aguadilla and very good:

http://www.firstbilingualprep.com/

I've heard a lot of good things and wanted to put my kids there, but we are in Rincon and I don't have a car.  It is pretty inexpensive.  $150/month/per child approximately.

But...2017? The zombie apocalypse will have occurred by then, no doubt. ;)  Feels like 100 years away.

Liz

How is this crazy?  :/

etilley23 wrote:

Hi,

But...2017? The zombie apocalypse will have occurred by then, no doubt. ;)  Feels like 100 years away.

Liz

Liz,

LOL! 2017 does sound like a lifetime away! The really crazy thing is that before I knew about this potential opportunity, my wife and I had already set the summer of 2017 as a potential date to move to PR. That gives us a little time to save some money, do the research, get our house in the US ready for the market, sell it, etc. Plus, two years go by SO quick anyway.

Thanks for the input about First Bilingual Prep! Will defensively look it up.

JR

Debora,

Before I knew about this potential opportunity, my wife and I were talking about moving to PR in the summer of 2017. I had no idea or hope that my job would eventually take me there (potentially - hopefully).

JR

This site may be interested for you......

topuertorico.org/city/aguadilla.shtml

Very useful. Thanks!