I need suggestions about things could be a gift for blind friend.

hello everyone, :)

I have a blind friend, he is hard worker and achieved a great results in his study, I would like to give him a useful gift but I have not clear idea what it could be, can I get  any ideas about appropriate things for blind people ?
thanks in advance.

Hi Noor,

How old is your friend? When did he/she become blind?

liyalk, he is 24 years old and he was born blind.

How about giving him a MP3 player as a present?

or get him an audio book

Find out what are his interests and take him to an event. If football crazy then even a trip to the mamak with TV to soak up the atmosphere may be interesting as I believe experiences others take for normal are not so easy for people like him to get a chance to have. i.e. what cant he do and so what can you help him do.....

Offering him your time - even for a just a special cup of coffee and slice of cake at a new place perhaps with a friend or two - would be my suggestion as well.

The greatest gift these days IS TIME.

Thank you liyalk, myfundas and Gravitasit's, it's nice to read your suggestions,

the matter is that he already have MP3 player and some tools relevant and that's what make my options on this kind of gifts very limited, and it's good idea to think about audio books.
Gravitas your suggestion is really great idea, and i agree with you that the greatest gift we can give to others nowadays is our time, i'll do it only when i back Algeria because he isn't in Malaysia.