Searching info about compound in Khobar, what to do not to be bored?

Hi
I am due to move to Khobar in February 2016 and at the moment I am frantically searching information on compounds, learning the language and trying to digest the amount of information needed.
All children grown up so just me coming over with hubby.
I have no idea what accommodation on what compound the company will offer but will certainly be picking people's brains when I have the choices.
Biggest worry is that I will be bored so i am hoping there is plenty to do within the compound and social events or clubs to stop my brain dribbling out of my ear :-)
Now I will spend hours delving through the forums for information.
If anyone has any opinions, information or advice on Khobar please let me know. Thanks

Welcome
No worries Al-Khobar is a nice city, great beaches, and you can always drive to Bahrain (2-hours).
Bring lots of suntan lotion

I too will be new! Moving there in October! Just me and my husband.

barbieoliver wrote:

I too will be new! Moving there in October! Just me and my husband.

Good time of the year , the end of heat wave !

That's good. You will be there a few months ahead of me so if you don't mind I'd love to know how you are finding it.

Bahrain keeps most of the expats sane and most of the locals insane  :)

You are lucky to be close to that island which is like 40mins away on a good traffic less day  :top:

Never been to Bahrain, just suggested as I heard they have cinemas :P

Something to do In between the sunbathing sessions  ;)

Hello,

My husband and I will be moving to Khobar in few months. I would like to clarify a few things.
1. Is compound living safer/better than apartment? What will be the approximate rent of a single bedroom house in a compound? Is there any specific area where tamilians/south indians live?
2. What will be the monthly cost of living for two?
3. What are the entertainment options nearby?
4. Are there agents available for house hunting?
5. Are women allowed to go out alone to nearby supermarkets/shops?
6. Is abaya compulsory in all places? How about head scarf?
7. Are apartments available with furnishing ( TV, washing machine, furnished kitchen,etc)? Are all kitchen appliances available in nearby malls? Is there anything specific which we would require to carry with us from India?

Thanks in advance for the help:)

If you search for topics such as 'living in saudia' and 'living in compound' all the questions have been answered in much detail.

Thank you :)

Thank you for all the replies,  forums now researched  :)

hello Guys,

I would like to play tennis with other people, who interest to play tennis.