Recommendations for good secondhand English bookshops?

Hi Everyone,

Can you recommend any good secondhand English bookshops? I found Ankara Bookshop in Quatre Bonnes but it has a pretty limited amount/range of books.

Thanks

Cheers,

Tamar
PS I'm in Trou Aux Biches

There is a small secondhand bookshop in London Plaza Foodcourt in Vacoas. Whilst you are there, you can check out the bakery "Les Caprices de Gervais" - I recommend their coconut "thingy". Thus pure delight for the palate & mind.

GJ

the PAWS charity shop @ Mont Choisy Shopping Promenade has loads of second hand English books.  :)

Wow - I've been there once but didn't notice ! That's a goody! The whole place looked pretty empty and there were barely any people around though there were shops open.

I was wondering if there were charity shops here as I hadn't noticed any! That's quite close to where I live ! I will definitely check that out!

Thanks muchly! :)

yes there's not much going on there at all - it seems a bit of a white elephant but the charity shop is a good cause and lots of things to be found - they have some limited opening hours as it is run by some lovely volunteers so I would go on a Friday or Saturday morning to save a wasted trip. the last Saturday of every month they have a flea market there too..... happy to help!  :top:

hey gurj,

We went there first on a tuesday -not open!- but then went back on the Thursday! We thought we were in secondhand book heaven! Talk about stocking up- lots of good stuff- didn't even make it to check out other  stuff! And run by the loveliest ladies too!

A BIG THANK YOU !!!!!

Tamar

Hehehehe "second hand book heaven" !!!!!  :top:

happy to help....please spread the word about the PAWS shop if you can..it is such a good cause!

And please remember to recycle your books there when you're finished  as it now looks like I have competition to get some more books to read!

There is also a PAWS/Local Charities  shop in Tamarin, also full of books :)

Entering Tamarin over the Iron Bridge, drive on pass the Leonard Cheshire Home on your right, continue on and at the traffic lights (small intersection) turn left and the shop will be found immediately on your left. :)

Thanks Rosiewestle - will keep that in mind next time i go there - which I admit - might be a whie since we're in the other end of the island. But it is a sweet place and we do have plans for visiting again. Are they open on any particular days as the other one is closed more than open :(!  We went again today to the nearby PAWS shop but it was closed ( Friday) when it was meant to be open. They did say they had problems getting volunteers!

Gurj,
Don't worry- all our read books will be going back there and there's quite a few! I'd spread the word if I knew anyone to spread the word too..... all good...the sun is shining and the beach is 1 minute away!

Cheers,
Tamar :)

TamarG wrote:

Thanks Rosiewestle - will keep that in mind next time i go there - which I admit - might be a whie since we're in the other end of the island. But it is a sweet place and we do have plans for visiting again. Are they open on any particular days as the other one is closed more than open :(!  We went again today to the nearby PAWS shop but it was closed ( Friday) when it was meant to be open. They did say they had problems getting volunteers!

Gurj,
Don't worry- all our read books will be going back there and there's quite a few! I'd spread the word if I knew anyone to spread the word too..... all good...the sun is shining and the beach is 1 minute away!

Cheers,
Tamar :)

Hi Tamar,
I got this information from their face book page ( Charity Centre, Tamarin)

Local community charity centre in Tamarin
Benefits from donations will be used to support SOS Childrens Village, PAWS, Chrysalide, Ti Rayons Soleil etc. For more info please contact Corinna 5-9789140 or Rose 5-7475986.

Opened from Monday to Wednesday & Friday: 12:00 - 16:00

Hope this helps :)
P.S. Tamarin is only about 20-25 mins from QB

Thanks Rosiewestle - Actually we're in Trou Aux Biches which is a bit further away than QB!
Good to have a phone number though.

Again- thanks :)

Cheers,
Tamar

TamarG wrote:

Thanks Rosiewestle - Actually we're in Trou Aux Biches which is a bit further away than QB!
Good to have a phone number though.

Again- thanks :)

Cheers,
Tamar

Just mentioned QB because you said in your original post that you had found a bookshop in QB, so I obviously thought if you visiting there again Tamarin not too far away :)