Supermarkets

Hi

I've seen a few people mention on other forums that Morrisons is very expensive, and it's cheaper and a wider range of choice shopping in la linea.
I see Eroski has a supermarket in Gib and online. The prices online looked ok to me.

What supermarkets are in la linea? where about are they? Is it really worth the hassle of border etc.

Where do you shop?

Thanks
Michael

I went shopping in Spain yesterday for the first time this year.
This was to get a single product that was not available in Gib.
We popped into Mercadona and spent €38 on food buying in bulk a few items that are cheaper there.
Mercadona is possibly the best Food supermarket in the nearby area of Spain.
Carrefour is possibly the supermarket selling the widest range of goods from M/cycles to biscuits.

Morrisons is it cheap or expensive?
I don't know I cannot compare it to UK as it's so long since I lived there.
Compared to Spain well it's swings and roundabouts, fresh veg and fruit possibly cheaper in Spain other items particularly English products much cheaper in Gib.
Recently Morrisons UK have been putting prices on packaged goods and of course these are the same goods sold in Gib with the price displayed, before they could easily charge what they thought the market would stand.

Extra costs involved with Gibraltar
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news … story.html
The costs of supplying the Gibraltar store are £4m a year. At any one time, 18 trucks are on the road supplying the store and its takes three days to get there from Morrisons warehouses.

Thanks Grumpy

How far is the mercadona to walk from the border?

michaelw2010 wrote:

Thanks Grumpy

How far is the mercadona to walk from the border?

About 2 kms

I forgot to mention that apart from Morrisons and Euroski ( who sell some Waitrose products ) there is a smaller Spanish supermarket, Coviran who have a store close to Wellington Court

Grumpy