Any advice pls

Hello everyone. I'm so stressed up thinking about my decision. I was offerred a job as a waiter to work in a mall. Proposed salary is only 120 BD with free accommodation and transportation only. (2 years contract) Food will be mine . I know it sounds horrible for most of you. But I cant just let it go since I already spent all my savings taking care of my papers for my application. My visa has already arrived and I already signed the contract as well.
What's your insights about this please??
Do you think I can still manage to live there with this low wage??
Hope this will be my steeping stone to have better career soon.
And do you know if ill be able to find part time jobs at the malls there ?
Hope someone would help me figure this out. Thanks 4 reading.   Have a great day !!!

Hi niel,

😳😳😳. Honestly that is the average salary of most waiter here in bahrain. But why you stress yourself after all the papers were being process? Why you didn't diclose this all before signing of the contract and so on and forth?

Anyway, look at the brighter side of the situation. Might be a stepping stone for you. 

But i just want to remind few things about taking part time.

1. Usually your job got less chance for having a part time. Why? Because you are in company's accommodation. Some employer giving a curfew for their staff mostly womens.

2. Part time can put you into trouble not unless your employer knew it, and allowed you to do so. But no such employer for sure will agree for that, for the simple fact that it isn't legal.

3. 2 years contract isn't necessary because as by-laws we have priveledge to leave/resign the job after 12 months.

4. I just hope you will not work more than 9 hours (as i heard some are extending upto 12 hours) base on your salary rate.

5. Lastly, save! Save & save. Your salary isn't enough for any material lust & enjoynment.

Goodluck and have a safe trip.

Cheers!

Lou-lou

..all of my decision somewhat disappoints me. But as you've said , I'll look at the brighter side of it. I might get a chance in some other oppurtunities there.. I wish .. Thanks Lou2 for responding

My thoughts are same as Lhulu's.

You will be able to manage with that pay but not live properly. You will not have time for part time work.

There are some other costs you need to consider - communication with home, medical and personal transport. So be careful with your money.

Since you have already decided to come due to your circumstances, I wish you the best.

i second LhuLu and Farhaz 's thoughts! wishing you all the best!

god bless!

T&R

I agree with the above.
You should've considered things before signing a contract! It's a bit late to be asking things once you've agreed signed and got a visa on a contract!

120bd is not much at all take out medical, phone, Internet, sending money home and saving and you may not have v much left to play around with.

Good luck I think you'll be living very frugally

Oh NO !! Guys your making me even more nervous and disappointed..  :(:(
Reason why I'm forced to sign the contract is because I spent all my money with all the medical which I had to take 2 times since it expired the first time..
I even resigned from my previous job as a customer service representative just to take care of everything..
Jobless for 5 months . No money. Huhu
This is really a big disaster...
But thanks for all your response. At least I know what to expect when I'm already in Bahrian..
This is really tough !!!

Look at it this way. As long as you have work a regular salary, a place to live and can eat then that's a lot more than a lot of people.
In time you'll learn where you can save etc and maybe you can find another job and leave this one

Dear Niel,

If 120 BD may be enough? Given that condition where housing and transpo are those that company will provide, for a bachelor that would relatively be enough for a living in Bahrain (this is based on your question whether such amount is enough for a living). However, I do not know whether you are a family man and intends to send money to the Phils. -but should you ask how much money would be left after deducting all your expenses, I will give you an idea how much would you spend for other stuff (approximately in a month) -
      foods - 90 BD (that includes snacks, main meals, groceries) at a minimum
      internet - 10 BD
      toiletries/misc. - 10 BD
      clothing - 10 BD
      ooooopppsss... I cannot continue - this worths your 120BD. But if you wish to make a call to your loved ones back home, tell them to send you money so you can talk to them.
By the way San Mig beer in Bahrain costs 2.5 BD (that is 300 pesos) as compared to our local price of 31 (?) pesos. So don't expect to taste one there (just kidding).

Bottomline, do not bury yourself under the ground for two years. You will surely earn more in the Philippines. If you really wish to leave, find other options. Regrets are always at the end. Goodluck bro!

I advise you to get more info about the life cost in Bahrain and then decide, however if you have no options or jobless in your country, you may consider it and think about if your goal is just to run your life or have some savings, Good Luck!

This is a low salary to begin with, however as others have posted on here i will add to that and say its not impossible to live on that salary as others here work for less. As accommadation and transportation is provided, which are the two most expensive items as an expat, you will have to budget carefully. As mentioned here already other costs will be incured. Your leisure and social outgoings may have to be budgeted carefully, so spend wisely.

It depends on where you live too. If you live close to a shopping mall then you may not have to travel far for your shopping.
On a good note, there are alot of Filipinos here and im sure once you get here, you can ask them for adivse and best approach. They may adivse you of the cost effective way to do things here.

Good luck and feel free to post any other questions you may have.

Good Luck  :top:

:):) Thanks everyone for sharing your comments and suggestions about my situation.
I'm still confused about it but I guess I don't have any other options. I just hope everything will work out just fine for me in Bahrain.
As you've mentioned, I'll just have to be positive since this could be a stepping stone 4 me to have a better career in the future.
My flight is already scheduled for next week . See you all ..

Good luck  & God bless.