Hi! I'm looking for new friends, will you be my friend?

Hello!

My name is Fay and I'm from Selangor, Malaysia. I've never really been outside of Malaysia for long periods of time except for the time I went to Australia to further my studies. But that was a several years ago now. Since coming back to Malaysia, I have been constantly chasing after the tail-end rats in the rat race and have not had a good chance to make any new friends. Now that I've finally settled into a pretty stable job, I can finally take a breather and start socializing again.

I'm looking to meet new people, local and expat alike that shares an interest or interests like mine.

Just a little something about my interests. I love to dabble in crafts and diy projects, reading fictional novels of the crime/mystery/paranormal/romance genre, watching horror movies and scaring myself shitless, and just sitting around chatting with a good cup of chocolate. (Yeah, not really an outdoorsy person.)

Did I mention that I absolutely love Durians? Befriend me at your own risk hahaha :cool:

Also, I'm interested in learning to play tabletop board games other than the usual monopoly, game of life, etc. Anyone has any good suggestions for a newbie-wannabe board gamer? :P

Anything but durian! ;)

cvco wrote:

Anything but durian! ;)

:o communications have broken down, I repeat, communications have broken down! The other party has turned down the Durian! :lol:

Someone should really make a bad movie about the 'Revenge of the Killer Durians', if you know what I mean ;)

Whats the craze about durian? Heard a lot about it and tried it. Just didnt like it. Prefer honeydew jackfruit anyday. Sorry fay. ; )

Has anyone played a board game called 'scotland yard'?

carlyle1979 wrote:

Whats the craze about durian? Heard a lot about it and tried it. Just didnt like it. Prefer honeydew jackfruit anyday. Sorry fay. ; )

Has anyone played a board game called 'scotland yard'?

No need to be sorry, i love those other fruits as well. With Durian, I don't know about others but for me, it's just a crave. Sort of like asking why would someone go nuts about blue cheese or stinky (fermented) tofu. Need there be a reason? :D

I've not heard of the game before now, is the mechanics of the game easy to learn from playing the 1st few rounds?

A really fun board game recommendation will be 'Settlers of Catan' - it gets really competitive when you've got 3-4 people playing :)

Hi Iamfay,

You can meet up at our get-together over coffee/ tea.

Venue: The Tea Republic, S132, 2nd Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre
Date: 1/8/2015 (Sat)
Time: 2.00pm-5.00pm
Objective:
1) Social Event
2) Networking
Plus:
a) Icebreaker games/
b) Q&A Sessions

Be rest assured this is not a multi-level-marketing meeting. This is purely a social and some networking get-together.

Cheers. See you there.