Travelling to Belize flown into Cancun and taken the bus to Corozol?

Has anyone travelling to Belize flown into Cancun and taken the bus to Corozol?  I would appreciate any information as to bus location to airport and times.  I am going the beginning of January 2016.  Thank you 
Ginny

Hi Ginny. Only one company drive to Belize. ADO's name. At the airport in Cancun represented. But bus tickets we had bought at the terminal in the city. Take a taxi to the bus terminal. There is only one terminal. There you buy bus tickets. It is there instead of sitting. The bus to Belize depart from Cancun in the evening. The exact departure belize.com/ado-belize-mexico-bus-schedule know. Traveled overnight. The bus is quite cold - climate. Travel time of about 4 hours and 30 minutes. Approx. There is a problem at night came to Corozal. Good luck. Sonja from Austria.

Hi Ginny,

Yes several times, depending on when you get into Cancun it may be worth getting the bus from the airport to the bus station in Player del Carmen. and then getting the ADO bus from Player at around 23:00. The bus goes all the way to Belize City and arrives around 08:00 the next morning. A lot depends on where you are looking to get to in Belize. Sonja is correct that the bus does get cold so keep a warm jacket with you. There is the dreaded boarder crossing also, which will be around 03:00 in the morning. Although there are some issues on if you should pay the Mexican boarder fee or not I would suggest you have some pesos or dollars with you for this. All in all its a good journey and you will meet some interesting people on the bus. I always have anyway!
If you travel to Belize city don't get intimidated by the bus station there it looks worse than it is, most people are friendly and helpful. however, it can be a bit of a mad rush getting onto one of the local buses. And people will push and shove to get on. Dont worry about paying until your on the bus and in your seat. A conductor will come around and take fares once the bus is on route. (just get your seat) Belize buses are not air conditioned but are general clean and reasonably comfortable (but not like the ADO Bus!) there are normally plenty of buses but its worth waiting for the express bus to wherever you are going. As Belize buses will stop almost anywhere to drop of and pick up.
Hope you have a good trip to Belize

Regards

Martin

Good morning, I did the bus trip in April and May. It is a royal pain in the butt crossing the borders.

Thank you for your help.  Will only be going as far as Corozol so will not get to Belize City.
Ginny

Good Afternoon, I will try to relate to you my experience. The ADO bus does not go all of the way to the Belize/Mexican border. You will have to take a Taxi. The Mexican taxi drivers will charge you  $28 to go ten miles. This will only bring you to Mexican  customs. They wil want $30. Still not to the border. Take a three wheel motorcycle with you luggage to the border. $6 per person to  cross a bridge. You are still not to Corozal, and will have to higher another taxi. Calvin will help you. His Father is the taxi driver. You will pay more than normal, because you will not  know other wise. My learning curve was slow. Try this once at midnight in reverse. OMG nevef again.

What seems to b the problem at or around the border crossing that everyone talks about???
Malcolm Van BC

Not sure what the post about not going to the Belize border was saying.  I rode the bus from Cancun to Belize City last fall.   Stopped in Corozal to let passengers off.   

The dreaded border crossing is a two stage process that starts somewhere between 3 or 4 am at the Mexican exit point.  They make everyone get off the bus and stand in line outside.  Two people at a time go inside the government office to have passport stamped.  There should not be any fee due to exit Mexico for most people,  but,  at that time of the morning there is no supervision so the two border guards will generally tell you to pay some fee.  This is going to their pocket.  I paid $20US.  Some regulars will try to argue against this shake down, I don't think that works well.   Most just pay the corrupt fee and get back on the bus.

Then the bus drives a short distance to the Belize immigration building where you, again, unload and this time take all your luggage to go through the Belize entry process.

Personally I found the entire bus experience to be a terrible ride and won't do it again.  Far too many stops and noisy interruptions to get any actual sleep.  Very cold on board.  The frustrating border crossing and the bus is usually an hour or two late.   Not for me.  I will do diligent shopping for the best airfare into Belize City and then travel from there.  With Southwest now in the market driving airfares down I can't see any reason to take the bus from Cancun.

Good Luck

Thank you for your reply.  I will check out Southwest.  I am in Ontario, Canada and close to US border. Was checking Cancun as I could fly out of Hamilton which is very convenient

I  second pardisebelize. Never again!

I did that bus trip in July, and I will add to the choruses of "never again!"  It just is not worth $200 to put up with 6 hours of miserable Arctic temps on the bus and standing around at border stops, where the Mexican folks took US$25 for the 7 hours that I had been on MX soil. Then when I got to Corozal and got off, I found that I was in Corozal District, yes, but not in the town! Hopped a ride on a more local bus, who charged me US$2 to go more 3 miles. It was about 5 am and I could not rouse anyone at hotels or restaurants until after 8 am, lugging around my stuff.

This is our usual route more or less. We love El Fagon in Playa Del Carmen so we make the trip to stop there on the way to Belize when we have extra time. The food is not the only reason. I married a cheap skate and it shaves from $200 -$500 off the trip even when we stay in Playa for the night and add extra meals.  The ADO is a nice bus and you can get almost anywhere on it. The station is pretty nice too but you have to watch the ladies and gents behind the counter. On occasion our change has been short by $15 or so. But the ADO is usually pretty cold so bring a jacket. Of course the movies are in Spanish.

Busing in between seems to be hit and miss depending on when you land and how much time you waste in between. If you have never taken the "chicken bus" across Mexico, its a must do at least once. We have done it several times and its always an interesting ride.

For us it comes down to how much of Mexico and Belize we want to see and how much we want to spend on the trip. US to Mexico to Belize is an all day trip for us but we enjoy the ride. Some people prefer to get to there destination directly without having to sit in bus stations and eat street food on the way. But for us that is the great thing about other cultures; everyday life.

Finally, there use to be a service called Belize Transfers, I'm sure they are still around. INCREDIBLE people!! I can't say enough about how cool the guys there are and how much they make it worth the few extra bucks!! Its actually a great thing if you have a group of 3 or more. We made the trip from Mexico to the border and beyond with them a couple of times. A great company and the drivers experience helps at the border. Its a few steps up from the bus, kind of a long distance taxi service.

Also check the water taxi out of Chetumal if you are going to San Pedro or Caye Caulker. We have bused it from Cacun to Chetumal and taken the water taxi out. So many ways to get from the US to Belize. If you are the adventurous type I say go for it. We are a couple of fat old folks and have a ball on the trips. But look at all of the options and take a different way next time. Getting around without a car is more fun now that I'm old and not in such a hurry. AND you meet some awesome people that way.

I suppose the question you have to ask yourself is how immersed in culture are you wanting to get on the way?

Zackpilot-- the troubles are many small things and a few big things. For us its mostly just annoying hold ups and overcharges. We have had border employees take money when they were not supposed to and call them "stamp fees" or "border charges".  Once a man took the money but did not stamp the passport. That could have became a nightmare but if worked out OK in the end.  We have been held up for a bag of beef jerky that was sealed. Sometimes they want to check everything in all the bags, sometimes they just wave you through. Just be polite, make sure you get your stamp and move on. If you are worried there are services that will help you make the trip across. We used to use Belize Transfers and the driver always helped it go quickly and efficiently. Mostly when we first started traveling we just found another traveler that looked like they knew what they were doing and asked them. That's how we found B.C.s on our first trip to San Pedro! A man walked by while we were trying to make sense of the border signs wearing a shirt that said "If found please return to BCs San Pedro AC Belize" and he looked like he knew where he was going, so we followed him and asked questions.

You probably already know this, but there is an Interjet flight that goes from Cancun to Chetumal, oops, nevermind.  Those flights are not in operation now.  There used to be a flight from Cancun to Chetumal via either Aero Mexico or Interjet, but I now see they no longer exist.  Trying to find flights gets a little crazy now.  I think maybe Tropic Air still flies between Cancun and Belize City, but if you're going to Corozal, then you have to take the flight from BZE to Corozal via Ambergirs, or you can take the miserable bus from BZE to Corozal.  There are no really good options, I guess.
I live on the west coast, USA and take a flight to Mexico City from Portland, then take Interjet to Chetumal, but I'm not even seeing that posted now.  We  have to fix this somehow.