Fresh graduates

Hello everyone
i am currently studying in pakistan. I'll be a sophomore starting september (BSc Accounting & Finance) but i intend to transfer to turkey to complete my undergraduate degree in 'Business Administration Or Accounting & Finance'. My question is are there any job opportunities in turkey for fresh graduates (in the degree mentioned above). Also what could possibly be my starting salary as an Accounting major. i'm a little concerned because i saw earlier on a similar forum that turkey is not the place for lawyers and accountants :|
I would really appreciate if anyone could answer all of my queries. Looking forward to a positive response. Thank you in advance.
Regards

One major factor for getting a job in Turkey is the language. It would be impossible to find a job here of you don't know the language.
Secondly, the preference here is to offer job to the Turkish locals first.
Third, there is a huge influx of Syrians currently similar to what we had with Afghan refugees in 80s. They are willing to do any jobs at a lower cost.

Hope this helps clear the picture.  Good luck.

Thank you for such a quick response. I intend to move to turkey next year; that gives me ample amount of time to learn the language. So that wouldn't be a problem.
I really want to transfer to Istanbul,turkey; but it comes with an opportunity cost obviously. I'm currently studying at Lahore University of Management Sciences, and I wouldn't want to let go of such a good university unless I was sure that settling in turkey wouldn't be a problem. It all comes down to life after graduation. I would like to know if there are good jobs for people of my field? Also, your profile tells that you are currently in Istanbul. It would be very kind of you if you could give me just a rough idea what could a fresh graduate earn in Istanbul. I'm aware of all the expenses incurred like rent and bills, its just the salary I'm concerned about. Thank you :)

Hi Rameese,

For your hunt of a job, it will be perfect if you post a job application on our Jobs in Turkey so as to increase the level of response.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Hi, was travelling so couldnt respond in time. Considering you are currently studying in LUMS, I reaaly dont see what your point is coming over to Turkey. I mean, you'll be delusional to think that you'll be taking home any savings considering the kind of starting pays you will get here for first five years.. The economy is kind of okay, and so is the street culture... If you are planning to leave/come after Lums, I will ask you to think hard before deciding.   

Rameese wrote:

Thank you for such a quick response. I intend to move to turkey next year; that gives me ample amount of time to learn the language. So that wouldn't be a problem.
I really want to transfer to Istanbul,turkey; but it comes with an opportunity cost obviously. I'm currently studying at Lahore University of Management Sciences, and I wouldn't want to let go of such a good university unless I was sure that settling in turkey wouldn't be a problem. It all comes down to life after graduation. I would like to know if there are good jobs for people of my field? Also, your profile tells that you are currently in Istanbul. It would be very kind of you if you could give me just a rough idea what could a fresh graduate earn in Istanbul. I'm aware of all the expenses incurred like rent and bills, its just the salary I'm concerned about. Thank you :)

I had a similar conversation with some dude from Lahore who was getting like 1000USD in Pk.. and was thinking about moving to Turkey.. It was a long debate but eventually the conclusion was that getting 1000 there is better than 2000 here.. The take home saving is just not worth it at the end of the day.. But at the end of the day, its your decision..

Rameese wrote:

Thank you so much Xeeschan. Your replies really clear out a lot of things. Appreciate your concern. :)

No problem Rameese

Glad I could be of help. Good luck.

Rameese wrote:

Thank you so much Xeeschan. Your replies really clear out a lot of things. Appreciate your concern. :)