Renting for 1 year to 6 months... Where to look at places??

Hi,

I'm a 30 yo Aussie bloke looking to stay in the Philippines for six months, to a year. I've been looking at rentals on the Internet and can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to rental prices. I've been looking on airbnb and Craigslist. You either get a small studio for nothing or a decent place for 100k+... Am I missing something?

I've been looking into Makati, pasay and angelesecitty (only because I have a number of friends living here,but it's my least preferred). My main criteria is that the area is safe and it's close-ish to a malls. I'm not overly picky with location but more picky about how modern/clean the apartment is and that its furnished with at least a queen (I'm 6'5 120kg)

Are there any secrets to searching? I don't want to leave it all to the last minute. I've allowed 3 weeks in a hotel so I can actually book times to inspect. Sorry if this has been asked before.

hello ,will send you pm.

I have a one bedroom condo that rents for 35000 pesos per month in Makati. Very safe place with security guard, close to the Greenbelt malls.

Getting prices for long term rental isn't easy on the internet, and sometimes we even get weird prices when we visit.

I pay 37,000 pm for a modern 71sqm one bedroom condo in Angeles City.  (A real one bedroom place, not a studio advertised as one bedroom (some adverts do this).

You can see some places for about 20,000 -25,000 but mainly studios and only about 22sqm. Tiny.  Not all places have hot water in the kitchen from my experience.

I actually visited another place yesterday, to check it out.  It wasn't as good as the one I am in, but I asked them to text me the monthly rate when the right person came in... I got it this morning...  75,000 pm !!!!!

I have viewed many places from the internet, and almost always disappointed.

That one above near Greenbelt, for 35,000.... I would like to see more details on that myself.  That's a good price for that area, if it is good and modern.

Like you, how modern/clean the apartment and the area is, is very important.

AC isn't the perfect spot, but like you, I had friends living here, so I gave it a try, and... well... its not too bad.

Makati and some parts of Pasay are good, but not easy finding the right place at a reasonable price.  I keep looking myself as I may go back there sometime.  I was in Makati for 3-4 months, but in an old condo block, not ideal for me.

Robinson Place Residences, in Malate.... they have some decent ones, and under 40,000.  I stayed there for 1 month. That might actually suit you...  I will try to find the contact number for the guy that manages a few there.  But it was over a year ago now.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : do this recommendation in private pls