Looking for bartender - August

Hi all!

I'm opening a bar in the north area of Phnom Penh and am looking for one expat staff (to handle the bartending).
It is a small, cozy place. 2 units large and a third unit is used for the kitchen.
Fluent English is necessary, Khmer and/or French a plus.

The construction as started already and we plan on opening early August.

If you are interested and/or know somebody who would be, simply write to me. I will give you full details.

Thank you! Awkun!

david_99 wrote:

Hi all!

I'm opening a bar in the north area of Phnom Penh and am looking for one expat staff (to handle the bartending).
It is a small, cozy place. 2 units large and a third unit is used for the kitchen.
Fluent English is necessary, Khmer and/or French a plus.

The construction as started already and we plan on opening early August.

If you are interested and/or know somebody who would be, simply write to me. I will give you full details.

Thank you! Awkun!

Please place your ad in the jobs section, top of this page. Also check through that section in case someone is looking for bar work.

Hi David,

Beside bartender.. do you need any staff? I got someone who is looking for a job. He has been come and go Vietnam and here. Hoping to get job. He was working as sales before.. so, I would like to know if you can give him any kind of Job... support his family.  Maybe a gig... he plays guitar and sing. Can you give him a chance?

Hello david_99 and Chococambo,

Please browse through the jobs section ----> Jobs in Phnom Penh.

That will be the appropriate section for your search.

Thank you in advance, :)
Bhavna

Thanks for letting us know. Unfortunately we are only looking for a bartender at the moment. Regards;

Thanks;

Hey there...
I undergone hospitality schools both in France and Australia...
Specialized in Bartendering...
I've managed a restaurant/bar/night club in Nice, France for nearly 3 years...
you can contact me through ++++
Thank You

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

OP, will you organise and pay for the work permit?

This should be the first question any potential employee asks before accepting any job offer in Cambodia now that the WP laws are being enforced.

Wasnt aware of that... and honestly i never had a work permit when abroad(most of my life i.e.) ;) so? you paying for it?? ;)

Worldbird - EU citizens of course have reciprocal rights when working in other EU countries.

In the REAL WORLD - you need a permit to work and stay legally in countries - think USA - it applies in different levels of moderation throughout the non-EU world.

Income tax is also an issue which is sometimes overlooked.  SE Asia countries are all becoming more sophisticated in their surveillance software and databases. There is no hiding place any longer.

well I own both EU and swiss passport... legally if i work in one country for 6 month and one day i need to pay taxes... thats why i keep on changing every few month... and pay no tax nowhere... now, if you need me for an extended period of time , what you propose?

The origin of your passports doesn't matter at all, when you need a local work permit, i.e its not colonial - you need to abide by the local legislation for immigration and employment. There are local regulations about who can be hired to do what and qualifying salaries (also protectionism to prevent locals not finding work). So any employer will need to investigate what they need to do to qualify for hiring foreigners. It might be based on quotas or paid up capital in the business as well.

True. The cambodia work permit is being reinforced and it is important to remain on the right side of the law, since the line is so thin here.

I will contact you later today via pm. Thank you

worldbird wrote:

Hey there...
I undergone hospitality schools both in France and Australia...
Specialized in Bartendering...
I've managed a restaurant/bar/night club in Nice, France for nearly 3 years...
you can contact me through ++++
Thank You