Wellington House

Hi, me and my family are moving to Gib in the next 2 weeks. We have secured an apartment in Wellington court (didn't have too many options to consider within such a short time) I was just wondering what the area is like? Ive seen Google maps so I know what it looks like but is there anything here? Is it noisy? Is it safe? Or will we need a little walk to get to stuff to do? Also what is Notre Dam school like? This is likely where our daughter will attend.

I'm not sure where this is exactly, but if you're near the school (North of the rock??) then you're well positioned for a short walk to the Mediterranean beaches, to Ocean Village and Marina Bay for nice bars and restaurants, to Spain and to Casemates Square. I've only been here a month, but I haven't yet found an area in Gibraltar where it is particularly loud or unsafe. Just need to be a bit more careful over the boarder in Spain. Not sure how long you'll be here, but in a couple of years there will also be a nice new commercial development near the East of the runway, where the new boarder crossing will be located.

It's in the east side I believe! According to google we are about a 10 min walk from the school. Yes I have heard it's really quite safe everywhere in Gib which is good to know! Hopefully this will be permanent  :)
That sounds good the new commercial site!!

For info, search Blue Water. Gibraltar Wine Vaults will be an exciting project that way too  :)

Do you get less sunshine on that side of the rock (Devil Tower's Road, Eastern beach) From looking on Google Maps, it looks well sheltered by the rock..

TLafferty wrote:

but in a couple of years there will also be a nice new commercial development near the East of the runway, where the new boarder crossing will be located.

If you are refering to the Eastside developement please bear in mind that this has been on the books for at least 40 years.

Hopefully though it will at last materialise, but not in 2 years.

Grumpy