King Khalid Airport’s technical glitch last Friday

At first, securities blocked the way in because it was getting crowded at the immigration since no one could processed the papers. Then, one security started to let some people in, and guess what, it was a line for SAUDIs Only (despite the fact that SAUDIs were booked on different airlines not just one!!!). For a moment, I admired his love for his fellow countrymen but also hated him for not thinking wisely. He kept shouting "Saudi, Saudi", and I wasn't sure if the  saudi national day was moved to that day or  he was just feeling that love for his country at that very instance! :)
But everyone were at the airport catching their flights, trying to reach their destination on time. So regardless of nationalities, they were supposed to get people in of the same flights because the plane was not gonna fly even all the Saudi passengers were in the bus and the remaining passengers were stucked at the immigration. Then, somebody must had been realized it. So the securities started calling the airlines and let people in. I was optimistic that it was gonna go well but then they started calling airlines based on their wit not by flight details. They called Lufthansa, Emirates Airlines, British Airlines, and the last ones called were Turkish, Cebu Pacific, Shaheen which I thought of less expensive ones. Well, technically they didn't call but let people in when the royal class airlines had finished crossing the immigration. For example, Emirates had a flight supposed at 3am while Cebu Pacific had its on time flight at 12:45am but Emirates passengers were called first before the latter. To be clear, Cebu Pacific had the same check in time at the counter of Lufthansa, but Cebu Pacific wasn't called second even third but one of the three airlines behind. At this experience, many passengers were felt discriminated because of mismanagement.

On a positive note, securities specifically cared for families. They tried to give priorities to families with children or elderly. But since there was no proper management at that time, everyone was furious and only thought of reaching their destination.

4hours or 5hours delayed is priceless specially for people who has business trip or is taking a short leave. In a time  like this, wise deduction and immediate response is needed which rolls back to proper management skills and well trained staff. Innovation is necessary not just equipment/machineries but also for the people. Hoping that everyone could learn from this.

See the article about this.
Glitches at the airport last Friday

cool story bro!

Thanks man! Hoping that this will never happen again!