A1 Certificate By Self-study

Hallo..Anybody here had experienced to take A1 exam and passed it although wasn't in the German language School? Kindly share your experienced Please :) Im about to try to take A1 exam :) Ich lerne durch Selbstudium mit Internet :)
Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch :)

I haven't done it with German, but with Portuguese. If you are very disciplined and stick to a regular study schedule, I think you can make it. Try language programs like duolingo or busuu. :)

Hi,

Sorry I am not exactly answering your question, rather asking how you got on with your exam, did you pass it? I am desperately trying to get into a beginners course in stuttgart but none available until February, I have very poor basics but wonder if you could share with me how you structured your study and if you can recommend any study material. I would be ever so grateful for your help/direction.

Maria

Hi Guys, A1 is not very difficult. You just have to give it some time. But Maria in your case, are you sure A1 is sufficient for you?
I have just recently cleared my B1. Even though I never did my A1 from a School, I lived in Germany for about 3 years before I went to school. I took part in a Placement Test to decide from I where I have to start and it turned out that I could start from A2 upward, that means in my first test I cleared A2.

How long have you been here Maria?
even though I didn't studied A1 in a school but maybe I can help

Hi waryah,

Thanks that is very nice of you, how do you think I should go on?
Honestly I have taken A1.1 course at Goethe institute in London, at a quite slow pace as it was just once a week, so it lasted from Feb to Jun! I arrived 3 weeks ago, thought of enrolling at a language course and been told to try for an integration course. I have got to say that I am shocked at how not organised they are, but maybe this is just my experience so an exception and not the rule, don't know ... I got there to have a placement test to check the level and the lady tried to have a conversation with me, in terms of verbal communication I am really really limited but I feel that a know enough to clear A1.1 which was the level she said I should go onto. Anyway there aren't any places available until about beginning of Feb and by then I want to be able to hold a basic conversation so want to take on self study as I can't afford to wait. No language no job, no job no money ..... all a cycle! Any ideas/advice would be extremely welcome.

You can check German website of Deutsche Welle for help in learning German at home: http://www.dw.com/en/learn-german/s-2469

and you should have someone to speak with, I mean like friends. You must speak in order to learn and understand it right. Especially good with be with someone who is also learning, then you will have less reason to hesitate.

Watch German TV to get a better hold of German pronunciation.