Extending a visit visa during Eid holiday

I'm currently in Bahrain on a two-week visit visa (Turkish citizen, GCC resident). I was going to extend my visa for another two weeks, but turns out the Eid holiday is until Wednesday (July 22), and my visa expires on Monday (July 20).

I heard that the immigration office is closed. Is there any other place where I can extend my visa? Maybe the airport?

Thanks a lot in advance!

hi,

Unfortunately, i don't think so it could be done anywhere else except NPRA (immigration's)

https://www.evisa.gov.bh/VisaBhr7En.html#q20

T&R

You should go to the immigration office soon as they open and explain your situation and reason for seeking extension.

Well , sadly your visa extension or even the renewal requires a sponsor !
Few weeks ago it was the same situation for one of my friends and the immigration asked for a sponsor !

My question to you , do you have a multiple exit-re/entry of Saudi Arabia ?

If yes , catch the bus , head out to causeway , enter Saudi Arabia , and come back again to Bahrain ;)

OR

Fly out to Doha , as tickets are usually around 50 BD for a roundtrip , and again while entering Bahrain you will be stamped visa free as now they are issuing multiple entry visas for GCC residents :)

Thanks a lot guys. I went to the airport, and talk to the immigration office there. They said they can't extend it, but it shouldn't be a problem if I explained the situation on Wednesday to NPRA. I'll do that will update here for future reference.

You'll be liable to pay fine if you overstay , just be careful !

I went to NPRA this morning. They were very kind, and issued me an extension. Thanks everyone for all the responses.

That's good :):top: enjoy your extended stay!

efppfe wrote:

I went to NPRA this morning. They were very kind, and issued me an extension. Thanks everyone for all the responses.

Great news! Well done.

That's the best way to get things done in Bahrain. Go to the authorities as soon as possible and explain.