Puerto Penasco Mexico

Looking for any advice or knowledge of Puerto Penasco Mx., housing and cost of living and safety

Jones2 wrote:

Looking for any advice or knowledge of Puerto Penasco Mx., housing and cost of living and safety

I suggest that you read through the posts in the forum categories list for information.

Hi Jones,

Here some discussions on the Cost of living in Mexico which might give you some feedback :)

Also how can we possibly help you with housing pls - are you looking for accommodation - can you give us more details :) ?

Much thanks

Maximilien

Do a Google search and you will find several Puerto Penasco expat forums.

we would be looking to rent a 2 bed 2 bath condo or house in the 800 to 1000 range. thanks for your help

Mexico is not the place where you can simply go online and find a place to live so easily.  You need to first visit the area and look around as many rentals are not advertised.  In a country with only about 16 percent of the population online it will be very difficult to find online rentals.  And don't expect emails to be answered promptly; that seems to be a big problem here esp. with real estate agents.

Thank you for your reply, I understand as we have been looking on line and have even been emailing a couple of realtors. Everything that I have been researching and looking at it looks like a good place to live in early retirement. We have lived overseas so we do know that it will not be like the US we just want to be in safe place and to rent for the first 6 months to a year.
Thanks Again

I have been going down to Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) since 2004. The town has grown quite a bit in those 11 years. There is a Sam's Club and developers are adding a jetty just west of Sandy Beach areas - where all the condo complexes are - to allow cruse ships to be able to offload passengers. Right now the only way to get to Rocky Point from the US is to drive over the boarder. Every once in a wile I hear about the airport being improved and regional airlines maybe starting to add flights to/from Phoenix.

rptimes.com/
rockypoint360.com/

You can check out these two websites for news about Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point)