Huge discount on travel guides for aspiring ex-pats

I don't know if this is permitted but I received an email from Lonely Planet and all of their travel guides are currently 50% off with code of SECRET50. I definitely have ordered the 10th (and most recent edition of) Ecuador & Galapagos Islands. I am not an employee of LP but a bargain shopper. I like their guides because they also provide info on history and culture. Apologies if I selected the wrong category.
Cheers,
PS

I think it's okay, you're not advertising for yourself and have no vested interest. Lonely Planet guides are great. Their founding story is kind of fun too. The modern day "Europe (or wherever) on $5/day" Jeez I most be getting older if I remember those books :)

Hi,
With this in mind (I got the same -email) I tried to order Ecuador Spanish Slang, but it is only available in Kindle.

Too bad.

HelenPivoine

Which means it is probably not printable via the free Amazon Kindle reader.

I would pay the extra 'two dollars' for the regular book-version to avoid having to keep pulling out an iPhone or whatever to access information off Kindle -- a security no-no on the streets and at the tourist venues of Ecuador.

cccmedia in Quito

suefrankdahl wrote:

I think it's okay, you're not advertising for yourself and have no vested interest. Lonely Planet guides are great. Their founding story is kind of fun too. The modern day "Europe (or wherever) on $5/day" Jeez I most be getting older if I remember those books :)

I preferred Abbie Hoffman's America on Zero Dollars a Day.