When can I apply for working Visa in Norway?

I just arrive from Norway as a tourist visa holder to visit my boyfriend. We cannot get fiance visa because he is only separated, we have to wait for his divorce paper. Is it possible if he will hire me as an employee and send me a job offer so I can comeback soon? He have his own company and if we can, when can we apply for working visa it is only one week since my tourist visa expires I am in Philippines now.

Thanks hope I can get advice from all of you.

Hi,

I think you can start arranging your papers now to be ready and the best way to find out when is to call the embassy if there is a waiting rule if you are planning to apply for a different visa.

working permit

you can also check this page for additional info UDI- questions and answers about work immigration

There is also other information in Norway embassy Philippines- Work Permit for skilled workers

I hope this helps if not i hope some who have experienced your case share ^_^. Have a nice day.

Hi Stefhy25,

Thanks for the answer and to your link, I'm always searching about it in UDI but I didn't find this. The quick processing time is to hand in the documents to (SUA) . Problem is when I get tourist visa it is to visit my boyfriend and now he is also the employer who send me a job offer to work there. Do you think it will not cause for a rrejection?

Waiting for your opinion sister.

Tusen Takk

hi mitz..

sadly,  i have no experience about this but i had some inquiries/research i have done about this before.. here are what i can contribute aside from what stephy had mentioned above..

as far as i know,  there is no waiting time between a tourist visa and a residence permit (work visa).. the waiting time only applies for Schengen Visa type C (tourist/visitors visa) with the 90 days within 180-day rule .. so i believe u can apply as early as now..

as a rule,  u cant apply for a work permit unless u already have a job offer... and i believe u need to be qualified as a skilled worker, meaning u have a degree or had taken a vocational course of at least 3 yrs which has a corresponding vocational training in Norway... and the salary grade should not be lower than the normal salary in norway,  this will be their basis for ur subsistence.. you can get all the info here: Skilled Worker Permit - UDI.no

in my own personal opinion tho,  and this information i cant get anywhere,  is the implications of getting hired by your boyfriend... since he was the guarantor in ur previous visit visa,  and now ur employer for your work permit... i dont know how this will affect the application and the decision.. so we may have to hear what the others have to say,  those who had done this route..

sorry that i couldnt contribute much,  but i hope this can help u in a way... :)

i forgot to mention,  i believe the job offer should be related to ur education/profession before they can grant you a work permit.. as an example,  they cant grant u a work permit for a factory labor job if u have a bachelor's degree... which is possible in other countries specially the middle east, to be overqualified.. but in Norway,  this isnt allowed... and they MIGHT check ur language proficiency as well,  especially if ur job offer requires talking to customers/clients (tho cant be sure)...

i just did some more reading and i found this:

4. Doubts and rejection
A foreign service mission shall reject an application for an entry visa if the conditions in section 3 above are not satisfied. The foreign service mission shall also reject an application for an entry visa if there is doubt as described below.

The foreign service mission shall deem itself to be in doubt if:
- there is reason to doubt the purpose stated for the application or the correctness of other information in the case

this means that you have to prove that the reason for ur application for work visa is indeed to work.. if ur bf is ur employer, this MAY not pose a problem if the offer of employment is fit to ur qualifications and there's no reason to doubt that u will move to norway to work... but ur bf being ur employer, MAY also pose some problems regarding the REAL PURPOSE of ur moving to Norway...

so the answer is really unclear on whether u can get approve or not with a work visa on the basis that ur bf is ur employer.. this will depend on how thorough/strict ur case officer will be, and how well u can prove that ur intention was to work in Norway and not to reunite with ur bf..

source: Entry visa for a foreign national who is a skilled worker and has received a concrete offer of employment from an employer in Norway - UDIregelverk.no

:)

pheebz0501 wrote:

i just did some more reading and i found this:

4. Doubts and rejection
A foreign service mission shall reject an application for an entry visa if the conditions in section 3 above are not satisfied. The foreign service mission shall also reject an application for an entry visa if there is doubt as described below.

The foreign service mission shall deem itself to be in doubt if:
- there is reason to doubt the purpose stated for the application or the correctness of other information in the case

this means that you have to prove that the reason for ur application for work visa is indeed to work.. if ur bf is ur employer, this MAY not pose a problem if the offer of employment is fit to ur qualifications and there's no reason to doubt that u will move to norway to work... but ur bf being ur employer, MAY also pose some problems regarding the REAL PURPOSE of ur moving to Norway...

so the answer is really unclear on whether u can get approve or not with a work visa on the basis that ur bf is ur employer.. this will depend on how thorough/strict ur case officer will be, and how well u can prove that ur intention was to work in Norway and not to reunite with ur bf..

source: Entry visa for a foreign national who is a skilled worker and has received a concrete offer of employment from an employer in Norway - UDIregelverk.no

:)

Takk pheebz0501 for the explanation. I told it to my boyfriend and he said much better if we get tourist visa again and again until he get his divorce paper to avoid problem in the future. We need to wait 3 months before I can get new tourist visa, so sad because he live alone now thats why we are eager to get new visa soon as possible.

I think if his divorce takes time and you want to spend more time together what you can do is like what a filipina did here.

Her case was her bf couldn't present enough income so to be able to bring her here and stay while waiting for the bf to get a better salary, the bf search for a host family for her then she applied for au pair visa but their arrangement with the family is she will not live in with them.

Maybe this can be an option for you if in case you cannot wait that long ^_^

stephy25 wrote:

I think if his divorce takes time and you want to spend more time together what you can do is like what a filipina did here.

Her case was her bf couldn't present enough income so to be able to bring her here and stay while waiting for the bf to get a better salary, the bf search for a host family for her then she applied for au pair visa but their arrangement with the family is she will not live in with them.

Maybe this can be an option for you if in case you cannot wait that long ^_^

I search about Au Pair and it says must be not over 30, I am 39 already.

Oh yeah that is a factor i didnt know your age so my suggestion doesnt apply in your case.

Maybe if the skills/degree that you have matches the job that your bf has i guess they wouldn't see it as suspicious. As long as you can present that your purpose to come here is to work and that it is clearly a work/professional relationship.

Like pheebz mentioned it should be fitted to your qualification and that both you and your employer (in this case your bf) can somehow prove that he can't find someone suited for the job in his area coz thah is a big factor that affects why there is a need to hire overseas employees.

Hello guys. I would like to ask if is it overqualified that i went to japan for 3months in 2016 and then i am applying for an au pair now in norway? Is there possible reason that the embassy would deny my visa application because i went to japan before? Please help me. Would appreciate all your thoughts about this !

I don't see any problem with you being in Japan before. As long as you can submit all the requirements and meet the criteria, you have a very good chance in getting an approved visa.

Click here- UDI checklist for au pair

Click here- UDI Regulations on Requirements for an Au pair

Your reply means alot to me . Thank you so much 😊❤️ Godbless you