Looking for a base in thailand

Hi, I am looking to find a base in thailand for a couple of months a year. Is there anyone who would be prepared to answer some simple questions for me about various aspects of life there and logistics. My name is Ian, I am a well travelled, educated, ex business guy, but, now very chilled. Hope to hear soon.

Hi Mallorcaman,

Welcome to Expat.com :).

I would like to inform you that I have created a new topic for you on our Thailand forum so that it make the interaction between you and the other members more easier.

For the base you are looking for, I advise you to check our Housing section in Thailand :)

You can have a look on our > Living in Thailand Guide, If you want to have an idea about Thailand.

If you have any specific questions on Thailand, feel free to ask the members. It will be a great pleasure for us to help you.

Thank you

Stéphanie

Suggest Koh Samui, or the mainland near the ferry out to KS called Khanom.

As per most things you would need to be more specific in your search. A lot of expat in this forum can help and advise you on your matter.

Welcome and hope you find what you looking for. *-*

MALLORCAMAN wrote:

Hi, I am looking to find a base in thailand for a couple of months a year. Is there anyone who would be prepared to answer some simple questions for me about various aspects of life there and logistics. My name is Ian, I am a well travelled, educated, ex business guy, but, now very chilled. Hope to hear soon.

You need to be more specific.
Do you want to be in a city or rural environment. Will you need good internet and access to transport. Do you like beaches or country life.

I would suggest that you do some research on Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai up north. Good expat communities there.
Also take a look at the beaches down south.

Please take the time to read through the many informative posts in the forum categories list, upper right hand side of this page. Feel free to ask specific questions as I am sure members will get back to you.

Hi
  Have you found the place that you want in Thailand already?
   I can give you advice and answer yr question about Thailand .I am Thai  and been travelling to all over Thailand and also in aboard.Now I live in Bangkok
     If you would like any information  ..I am willing to answer
    Hope you have a pleasant stay in Thailand
                  Pim

i suggest MN Place in  Bangkok   around sukhumvit 62
about $1.00  to BTS or shopping center by scooter taxi
wifi---kitchenette--- nice balcony and good aircom
i rented for 1 year before buying a place in Phayao
good, clean, nice pool, some expats and basically not expensive