Internet Facility

Hello,

I am Dr nazneen from Bangladesh. I had applied as Medical officer under MOH. So far, i know , after landing to Male, I will be sent back to a remote island of Maldives health sub-center. It is okay with me. but the main thing bothers me that what will be the facilities given to me in that remote place? What about accommodation? utility facility like electricity, AC and more importantly Internet access. As i will be very far away from home, i need a good communication system like internet with good speed. Is that feasible for the authority to provide me? Truly to say, I am badly in need of good internet connection.
I will be honored   if you please tell me a bit details about the accommodation in the remote island of maldives.

Thanks

Hi Dr nazeen,

For your question about the internet speed, I suggest you to have a look on our thread Internet in Maldives that may help you.

If you are looking for accommodation in Maldives, I refer you to post an advert on our Housing in Maldives section.

Good luck

Stéphanie

Dear Dr. Nazeer,

Greetings!

With regards to your concerns:-

Regarding electricity, accommodations, i guess whoever gave the job should take care, otherwise they should clear that information to you. Since depend on the island and the job positions it can be different and also the price can be different.

Anyway most important thing for you is Internet. Let me tell you little bit of Internet.
Depend on the island you go, you might be able to get good internet or very bad internet. (If you could let me know which part of Maldives you are going then i could give you more details on the connection)

Since Maldives is not so good at Internet compare to some other country, you might be able to get the best internet connection in Male (Capital City) but still its way too expensive.

Local Island Internet connections works very differently, Some island even don't get proper 3G internet also.
So let me know the island you are going, then i will get back to you will all the details you want regarding internet.

Kind Regards
Mohamed Ibrahim

in Maldives, generally internet is OK not good not bad. m using dhiraagu as i am living in hulhumale.
yes, as it is already mentioned in a post by a mate that it depends which island you living. in general dhiraagu works good but dont expect the speed and proper connectivity here

cheers

Dear Mohamed Ibrahim,

Thanks a lot for for prompt response.

I am so grateful to you for giving me some important information. As I am am going to come as a medical professional under MOH, they will sent me any island where there is a health sub-center.
And they said me the hospital authority will provide me accommodation within the hospital premises . But the fact bothers me if there will be up to date living facilities available? like AC, TV with cable connection and off course internet.
As i will be all alone, I need the communication as well as entertainment facilities in my house.
As earlier stated to you that I will be posted to any island where health sub-center situated. so you may have an idea where will may be the island. Is internet will be available to communicate with my home fellows.

Plz I will be ever grateful to you if you help me out of my the nightmare i am now facing right now.

With thanks,
Dr nazneen

Dear Dr Nazneen,
I have been working at Maldives as a SMO under MOH for 6 months.

Facilities for living depends on the categories of the Medical Center.

Regional Hospitals have the better facilities for living.

With Regards.