Moving to Kaunas, Lithuania and in need of advice

Hey guys, I am Denis.
I am moving to Kaunas in 1,5 weeks for work
Will be happy to conect to expats who already in the area.

I am looking for a flat at the moment, can anyone recommend nice area to live. Not next to the road, close to the gym )))

Thanks

Hi Denis,

Welcome on board :)

Regarding accommodation I will invite you to please drop an advert in the Flats for rent in Lithuania section :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hi, there are place in center Laisve street it would be great to live there :) and not very far from gym :)

Thank you, I will look into it

I think every place is close to a gym. I live within easy walking distance of 5 gyms. Amazon Gym in center is small but nice. Probably the nicest gym is at Hermes hotel on Savanoriu near the highway. The most serious athletes can probably be found at the sports complex near the zoo - lots of university athletic majors there.

Every apartment is also close to a grocery store. You don't have to think about such things here. It's not America. :)

I guess you've probably already found a place to live. If not, you're in trouble, unless you go expensive, because the students have snapped up everything cheap this time of year. But anyway, if you're worried about traffic noise, then you should also be worried about drunk noise. Laisves al. can be noisy in that regard. The old town (senamiestis) is quieter and a little friendlier to foreigners (more English speaking waiters/waitresses, more tourists.) If you live in a courtyard off Vilniaus g. (a pedestrian street like Laisves), it will probably be very quiet.

Drop be a message if you or anyone else want to meet for a drink at a cafe.