Healthcare via UK S1

Have there been any changes recently as to how UK people get their healthcare for free and free meds with the yellow card

do you have to have a the new e-res card as a requirement to get it.

I would think you would have to have an ID number to give them in the first place and as it seems to take quite a while to get through the process of obtaining a yellow card I would imagine expats would have gone past their 3 months and would have had to confirm residency by applying for an eResidence card by then anyway.

As far as I know the health care route for UK expats (non working) is one of three options:- Private health cover, RHA through contributions in the UK or SI to get full entitlement, (but only now applies to UK State pensioners, this option also covers you fully in the UK as well and you can also be issued with an EHIC card by the UK.)
Obviously if you work in Malta and pay NI here then you and your family are covered anyway.

Ray

Healthcare no you just need to show you are a British citizen at Mater Dei. I don't show anything I just get the oh you are British but I think the entitlement unit have put my RHA on my computer records.

Yellow card no idea

the reason i ask is that a couple of pensioners have been asked for their e-res card to complete the application for the yellow card - and i thought that they couldnt demand that for any administrative function  due to the freedom of movement thingy and as such thought that a UK / EU passport and a maybe a current rental contract could be used to prove residency, as that works elsewhere for many things

back to the net then for further information - just thought i d ask in case any pensioners here had recently applied and got the yellow card for free helathcare via s1 and lso free prescriptions - to see what they were required to provide....

Thanks though guys for the replies

Toon wrote:

the reason i ask is that a couple of pensioners have been asked for their e-res card to complete the application for the yellow card - and i thought that they couldnt demand that for any administrative function  due to the freedom of movement thingy and as such thought that a UK / EU passport and a maybe a current rental contract could be used to prove residency, as that works elsewhere for many things

back to the net then for further information - just thought i d ask in case any pensioners here had recently applied and got the yellow card for free helathcare via s1 and lso free prescriptions - to see what they were required to provide....

I would imagine the reason they wanted eResidence cards was as a way of confirming that the necessary health cover was in place ( otherwise they would not have an eID), not to prove residence. They could of course have asked for an entitlement certificate

Passport and lease would show you lived here but not that you had health cover.

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
Toon wrote:

I would imagine the reason they wanted eResidence cards was as a way of confirming that the necessary health cover was in place ( otherwise they would not have an eID), not to prove residence. They could of course have asked for an entitlement certificate

Ray

he definitely has the authorised S1 and is on state pension  however the lady is not on uk state pension despite being 60 and depends on thyroxin as her medication.....

Sounds like the usual misconception of UK citizens who are used to free health care based on residency !

That is not the case in Malta.

You have to be entitled to free health care through contributions or contribution/entitlement transfers from other EU countries. Being here in Malta is not enough. For the residency certificate you need to show your health insurance entitlement to get residency in the first place.

Cheers
Ricky

I am on thyroxine just 1.50 for 28 50mcg tablets.

Toon wrote:
F0xgl0ve wrote:
Toon wrote:

Ray

he definitely has the authorised S1 and is on state pension  however the lady is not on uk state pension despite being 60 and depends on thyroxin as her medication.....

depending on what she suffers from she may be able to get a schedule v card - there are about 79 conditions that meet the requirements
she would need to see a dr here so they can confirm diagnosis etc and give you the form to apply

cheers guys