Moving to Lapu Lapu City - Advice needed.

Hello from Texas. My son has lived in the Philippines for over 7 years and I wish to join him. He had married a Filipina and his Visa is based on his marriage. I don't wish to marry anyone and I don't have the 20K funds for a retirement visa. All i wish to do is live near my son and family and bring my 3 cats with me. What are my options?  Thanks.

Hi Texas, I've lived in the Philippines for 11 years and my son for 20 years on a tourist visa. Just arrive and immigration will stamp your passport allowing you to stay for 30 days and then within the 30 days go to your nearest immigration office (they are listed on the internet) and ask for a 59 day extension, which you then repeat within 59 days virtually indefinitely. Although in reality you will need to leave the country for 24 hours (fly to Hong Kong and stay one night) returning the next day and start the process over. It used to be once every 2 years you must leave, but I believe its now once every 3 years. Get your Son to check for you or check for yourself before you come or coon after your arrival.

The government, Immigration, will not deny you access... they need you to spend your money here, not in Texas!

Peter living at Riviera Golf Estate, Silang, Cavite, Philippines.