How to get mauritian citizenship

HI, me and my husband and our baby want to leave our country and move to mauritius forever. What need ww do for it? We would like to work and LIVE on mauritius. Maybe later we will open our own business like Travel agency or beauty Salon. Can somebody help us? Do we need to buy a residence or can we first rent a house for one year? Thanks you

Unfortunately you won't get Mauritian citizenship w/o having a parent or your spouse as a Mauritian .
"Forever" - sounds a bit like a troll but I will take my chances;

Here is a site for you to learn more how to come and work on the island:
http://www.investmauritius.com/work-live.aspx

HI, Thanks for your reply. I will explain you our situatuation. We are married couple and our baby will come at the end of august. We really want to move to mauritius next year as family and start new life. We would like to start our own busines - maybe small Travel agency or beauty salon. I am speaking english and german ( i studied german Language at the University ) ,so there is also posibility to learn german in the school . What shall we do as first? Is there any chance to get mauritian occupation permit?

Hi will advise you to contact the immigration of Mauritius you will get all the information.

Thanks

Lenka81 wrote:

HI, Thanks for your reply. I will explain you our situatuation. We are married couple and our baby will come at the end of august. We really want to move to mauritius next year as family and start new life. We would like to start our own busines - maybe small Travel agency or beauty salon. I am speaking english and german ( i studied german Language at the University ) ,so there is also posibility to learn german in the school . What shall we do as first? Is there any chance to get mauritian occupation permit?

I guess you didn't  read what is on the link provided above:

A non-citizen can apply for an OP/RP under any of the following 4 categories:

Investor: The business activity should generate a turnover exceeding MRU 4 million annually with an initial investment of USD100,000

Professional: Basic salary should exceed MRU 45,000 monthly. However, the basic salary for professionals in the ICT Sector should exceed MRU 30, 000 monthly

Self-Employed: Income from the business activity should exceed MRU 600,000 annually with an initial investment of USD 35,000

only three categories for you since you are not 50 y.o or above.

The How -to is well described  .

Thank you, it means that we will choose the third category... Investment of 30.000 USD is necesary for both of us? ( me and my husband), if we want to start our business together?

Investing $30,000 does not guarantee you will get residency and get accepted. Believe me from experience: even with Mauritian family and an already existing business abroad, I did not obtain the permit. And even if you get it, if you do not turnover the amount stated, the authorities can decide easily not to extend your residence permit after the period of 3 years. The investment will be either 30,000 or $100,000 depending on the nature of your business. As a self-employed, you normally cannot employ anybody: you are a one man band.

At the moment, the Mauritian government wants Mauritians to be recruited in priority so unless you can turnover 600,000 Mauritius rupees+ per year on your own, you can expect to be asked for $100,000 investment. The quickest option to get citizenship is to invest in one of the IRS property scheme with a minimum of $500,000 investment OR to get married to a Mauritian.

igelle wrote:

. The quickest option to get citizenship is to invest in one of the IRS property scheme with a minimum of $500,000 investment OR to get married to a Mauritian.

Residency  permit BUT NOT citizenship if you invest in an IRS or RES > $500K

Getting married to a Mauritian requires that one resides on the island for 4 yrs and then apply for citizenship, which is NOT a given since the Mauritian govt ( via the PMO) can still refuse to grant said citizenship.