Visa/housing/employment related questions

Hello everyone,

My name's Danny. I'm 26 and from Manchester, England. I've just completed my TEFL and I'll probably be arriving in Montevideo in early September. As far as I'm aware no visa is required for a stay of up to three months.

A lot of the websites I've come cross so far appear to be out of date. If anyone can provide a list of the paperwork that I'll need to secure a work visa from within the country once employment has been secured I'd appreciate it. Based on what I've gleaned so far I'm not too worried about this.

If anyone has any other information that they feel would be of use to me in terms of housing or employment please feel free to throw it my way. If you want to just say 'alright' that's OK too. If anyone's happy to show me what it's all about when I arrive then I'll be glad to have a bevvy or two with you. I play football three times a week too, so I'll be looking to get involved and show the Uruguayans how it's done ha. Looking forward to learning Spanish and can't wait to get over.

Anyway that's probably enough.

Cheers and I'll see you's soon.

Danny

Hi Danny,

Welcome to expat-blog  :)

A new topic has been created from your post on the Montevideo forum so as you get maximum interactions with members of this forum.

You may read the topics under the Information on visas in Uruguay section of the forum so as to gather some information.

Furthermore, the forum categories found on the right of the webpage can be resourceful to you as the different milestones of life in Uruguay have been discussed.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi Danny,

One thing you should know about housing... if you are planning to rent you will need 6 months up front for the security deposit. The system here makes it hard to evict delinquent tenants so all the landlords are paranoid.