Any good tips on how to do some day trip or else from Toronto

Hiya,
I'm Jess and I'm going to Toronto for 6 weeks. The first 4 weeks, I'll be doing my CELTA and then I would like to travel around for the remaining 2 weeks.
I would love any advice or things to do while I'm there. I've already bought the Top 10 Toronto but I wouldn't mind some advice from you guys. I'd also would like to go to Vancouver during my last week. So if you have any good tips on how to do some day trip or else from Toronto, I would appreciate it.
Also I have the traditional question for the visa, according to my internet extensive readings because I'm only staying 6 weeks partly for a course and playing the tourist, it seems I don't need a visa. ? I also check the list of countries on CIC website.
:):top:  Thanks in advance.

Hi Jess,

Welcome to expat-blog! :)

I created a new thread from you post on the Toronto forum so that you may get some feedback.

You may check out this thread : Things to do in Toronto during the weekends so as to gather some ideas.

Also, you may run through the Visa section of the Living in Canada guide, you will find some links by which you can check your eligibility.

Have a nice stay, ;)
Bhavna

Niagara falls.

Hi Jess!

Montreal is beautiful and quite easy to get to and from Toronto. You can take the train - viarail.ca/en/explore-our-destinations/trains/ontario-and-quebec/toronto-montreal or bus - ca.megabus.com/default.aspx there. Since it's popular tourist destination so there's plenty of accommodations (I stayed at an Airbnb near Mont Royal last time I was there). It's a beautiful city with a European feel to it - older buildings, cobbled streets - and a great arts scene if that's your thing.

If you're into theatre, the Stratford festival - stratfordfestival.ca/ is on right now. There's a direct bus - stratfordfestival.ca/visitor/gettinghere.aspx?id=70 from Toronto and you can usually find good deals on tickets. There's also the Shaw festival- shawfest.com/ in Niagara.

As for the visa question, I believe it depends on your country of origin.