Area to live

Can anyone please advise a reasonably safe and good area to live in Phnom Penh. Close to shops, markets, etc.
Thanks

Well about being safe that's pretty hard cause theirs danger everywhere.  To be near markets and the likes try staying close to the Russian Market, Near Orrussey Market, Central Market near Soriya Mall, riverside, Toul Kork near TK AV. etc.  To be a littler more safe stay in the established residential citys like Borey Peang Houts and etc.

Have you been to PP before? If not, I suggest you initially stay in a guest house centrally located in the Daun Penh/Riverside area, spend some time getting to know/get a feel for the city, and make your decision on where you would most like to reside from there.

Hi,

I saw your post and thought will answer you privately. In Phnom Penh the most dangerous part is around Sorya ( mall) and also  street 172 and bars.

If you are looking for a good place to live which is of high price, you can stay in condominiums  where they have many around  street 214, 111,
not so expensive .

But BKK 1 is kind of expensive.

If you dont like to stay in a rental apartment. I guess you can choose your GHouses when you arrive here.

Hope this help. If you need assistance , will be happy to help.

Choco

chococambo wrote:

In Phnom Penh the most dangerous part is around Sorya ( mall) and also  street 172 and bars.

I really have to disagree with this statement. I believe you are referring to Golden Sorya Mall as opposed to Sorya (shopping) Mall? I have never felt threatened/in danger anywhere in vicinity of GSM or st.172 (or anywhere in Cambodia to be honest), these streets are usually very busy, it is the quiet streets and back alleys which you should be more wary of.

Anywhere can be dangerous, individuals should take the necessary precautions to ensure that they do not place themselves in dangerous situations. Be aware of your surroundings, know where you are at all times and know where you are going, do not 'flash' your expensive items/jewellery/cash/cameras/etc around for all to see, only carry what you need, don't get blind drunk or high and stumble around, don't be aggressive towards others, don't go off with strangers, etc, etc, etc....I could go on and on, but a little common sense should keep you out of harms way.