Wishing to meet expats in Mellieha while we are on holiday in Sept.

Hi
We are considering retiring to Malta in a few years and will be in Mellieha Bay during September on holiday (our second holiday in Malta). We would love the chance to meet someone who is living out there to hear all the pros and cons etc.

I'm in Mellieha if you fancy a coffee or something, there are quite a few of us in Mellieha :-)

Hello,
We are a bit further south but would love to meet up for a drink &  chinwag

Kind regards
Adam & Lisa

hi, when in mellieha make your way to billys music club,loads of expats use this bar,you will obtain lots of information there,its very friendly,hope to see u there,    dave

Hi, thanks for your email! Yes, we'd love to meet up.   I am not brilliant on this 'media' but will try to contact you through the list of contacts. I also hear that Billy's Bar is a good place to meet - do you go there?   If not, we can find a mutually convenient place. We are there for two weeks from 1st September. We won't have a car but will travel by bus or walk into Mellieha town/sea front.
Kind regards
Philippa

Hi MaltaDave, thanks for getting back and the tip about Billys Bar - I checked this out during my lunch break and it looks easy enough to find , so yes, we'd love to meet up. We have received three lovely replies so far which is encouraging. We didn't get a chance to chat to anyone last year during our first visit as the 2 weeks went too fast with visits to Gozo, Sicily, Valletta etc, scuba diving - we ought to have ventured to some local bars as well!
Thanks once again
Philippa and Chris

Hi Lisa and Adam,
Thank you for emailing - we were so happy to see three replies - wasn't sure if I had posted it correctly. I have been told about Billys Bar in Mellieha so we shall probably aim for there but please keep in contact and let us know where you are so that we might arrange something. We are in Mellieha 1st Sept for two weeks. We will travel around by bus ... Not yet ready to drive yet!!!
Kind regards
Philippa and Chris

Treyarnon wrote:

Hi Lisa and Adam,
Thank you for emailing - we were so happy to see three replies - wasn't sure if I had posted it correctly. I have been told about Billys Bar in Mellieha so we shall probably aim for there but please keep in contact and let us know where you are so that we might arrange something. We are in Mellieha 1st Sept for two weeks. We will travel around by bus ... Not yet ready to drive yet!!!
Kind regards
Philippa and Chris

hey phillippa and chris , i dont know milleha that well but if you wanna make frineds with someone from another area in malta or even just to pick someones brain , i will gladly help where i can

please before arriving in september may i strongly suggest you apply for https://www.tallinja.com/ if you apply now they will post it to you in the uk - you can top up online or buy top-up cards in the airport  but it will get you 75ct per journey travel  compared to the tourist cards which work out at 1,25 per journey

Billys Musiclub a fab place  - my old local too
Reflections -  lots of scots use this one
Cross Keys is very popular with the young especially at weekends with live music and I do believe there is a nice new place called the Boulevard which is proving popular.

there are of course many more

Hi, If you make it over to GOZO again you should head for the Band Club Ghajnsielem (pronounced EIN - C - LEM ). Big expat community there, very friendly and helpful people. Not far from Mgarr Harbour so quite easy to get to from the ferry.