Internet/broadband in sihanoukville?

Hi folks.

The big move is getting closer and closer and i have a few questions that you guys can help me with. What are the prices and offers for quick internet in snooky?  Also if anyone has any examples for sat/tv options it would be very helpfull.

Thx a lot

Henry  :)

Most accommodation has internet available, although the quality of service can be awful.

If you're looking for an ISP then I can recommend ONLINE, who I used to supply a school in an out-of-the-way area with a direct line connection.  All working fine and great support.

If you're not needing it at home, depending on which area you live there is internet available in pretty much every tourist bar/restaurant.

Hope this helps.

I have used E Z com for almost 5 years now. Service is good, and rarely is down. When I do have to call Customer Service, they are fast at repairs, or already know about the issue and are working on it. Plus, with my banks On-line payment, I don't have to go to the office any more.

Thx a lot for the quick reply guys. I have visited both homepages. Its a great help since i will be keeping my Work in Europe even though Im putting down roots in Sihanoukville.

Is it at hasle to get landline internet installed in a rented house?? Or should i only shop for houses with and allready existing connection?

Not really hassle, but landline internet is quite expensive in Snooky.  Once you sign a contract they'll usually have a DSL line installed in a few days.  You don't need a phone line to get DSL in Cambodia, they just run a cable for DSL.

Thx Yoda.

I know it will be expensive. Do you think it will be possible to get between 5-10 Mbps with unlimited data for around 50 Usd per month???.

I have been looking through all 8 providers and it looks like ONLINE would be the best option for me.

Back in Jersey UK and really missing my easy life in S'Ville.  OneTV gave me great service and although I always had to go to  Metphone to get the engineer to follow me home to fix my internet problems (usually stolen/cut/badly connected/storm damaged wires) , my connexion was OK and no slower than I get here.

Sorry Marvin, I'm not sure of the costs as I just told the school's accountant "I need internet"

I must say, ONLINE provided excellent service and the internet is still running well (I am accessing it daily from Egypt).

We don't have a fixed IP though and I'm unsure if they are available.

Okay Guys.

Thank you very much for your info  :)

All the best from Henry