Health insurance

Update...My house sold a week ago so I will officially be moving to Rincon the end of August!!! 

I am trying to find information on the health insurance system there...can anyone help?  I filled out on-line forms from a link on this website three times asking for information but received no responses?  Questions:  how long do I have to be a resident before I qualify for the state insurance program?  I am resigning from my job shortly...if I get in to the Affordable Health Care program up here,  will the health professionals, hospitals, etc. accept that insurance down there?

I am already in touch with several locals in Rincon trying too find a 1-2 bdrm furnished apartment to rent...preferably in Puntas.  But if someone on here knows of any apts that will be available the end of August/Sept 1st I would love to hear about it! 

Lots to do to get organized for my move!  If anyone has any advice they want to throw my way, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...looking forward to meeting some of you in the future!

Nanette

Fantastic news, Nanette!  I don't have any information about healthcare but someone will come along with some answers.

Thank you!

I can help you with that! You can't  use healthcare.gov for PuertoRico but Triple S is BC/BS of PuertoRico and they offer qualified healthcare plans under US "Obamacare" guidelines. You will find the coverage is excellent and very less expensive than in the US. MCS also has similar plans and a big network. They both have coverage in the US available if you need treatment off island. When I tell you the coverage is good...I mean like a $100 co pay for a hospital admission and then EVERYTHING that happens in the hospital is covered....all the doctors, diagnostics procedures everything. All the physician office visit co pays are like $8-20 and that's on a PPO plan.

Great info. Sugarbird!

Awesome, thank you so much for all that valuable information!  Can I apply for that as soon as I arrive?  I'll look up the info on the website...thanks again!

Great info! Gracias!!! Thank you!!

What does the insurance run for 2 adults 60 yrs young? Thanks for your help

Here is a company to contact, the cost seem to be based on age, expect to pay around 400 a month for each of you depending on the plan you select so around 800 a month until you qualify for Medicare.
Triple S

ssspr.com/SSSPortal Tel. (787) 774-6060

1-877-357-9777 (Toll Free)

hello   i was tld in rincon to go to the church without walls to get a group discount rate for health insurance   they are located next to the english rose..      feel free to join the facebook group friends of rincon 

we are moving to rincon in oct  we currently live in arecibo       i can help you with rincon  please let me know

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of external links not allowed on the forum.